Living in Turkey? Expat.com needs you!

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

We are currently looking for volunteers to help the expat community in Turkey.

If you are interested in helping the other members in your spare time, answering their queries and sharing useful information on the forum on living in Turkey, we would be happy to have you on board of our Advisors Team.

Should you want to know more about this project, feel free to contact me answering directly in this thread or by private message.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hello, If I can be of any help, I would be willing to answer questions in my spare time. I just moved to Bursa in April of this year.

Hey! I would love to answer any question if needed. I am living in Turkey for 2 years.

Hey! I

_ would love to answer any question if needed. I am living in Turkey for 9 years  💜
Turkey
English
Kurdish
Arabic

If it helps I'm trying to move tio ?zmir although temporarily. I'd be willing to talk about my progress, research etc if it helps?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for responding positively to my request.
Note that i am sending a private message to each one of you to explain more in detail this volunteer project. :)

Talk to you soon,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

I would be happy if I could be of some help to you.

I've been living in Turkey for 22 years now.. have lots of spare time and would answer questions where i can

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for participating to this topic and for offering your help.

Kindly note that i am only looking for expatriates living in Turkey and unfortunately those who want to help and have not moved to Turkey yet can't be considered. However, you participation to the forum are very appreciated and after your move, we might reconsider your profile again. Please feel free to shoot me a private message and inform me when you will be in Turkey.  :happy:

@ marleysa : Kindly note that I have contacted you in private.  :)

Thanks all,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi,

Though I don't live in Turkey right now, but I really like to move there someday. Maybe if I help people, someday they will return my favor. So, I'm ready to do what it takes to help people.

Warm regards
saeed

Avec plaisir 👋👋

@ Saeed :

I really appreciate your offer, however i am looking for only expatriates living in Turkey.
Once you move there, do not hesitate to get in touch with me so that we can reconsider your proposal.
Meanwhile, your help and participation is much appreciated.  :happy:

---

@ Yusufmeseci61300 : Thanks to give more details please and thanks to post only in english on this english speaking forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Happy to help

Dear Priscilla,

I am allready trying to help several expat. com members.
Please to tell you you if anyone asking you, forward to me.

All the Best
    Erol ALPER

Hi Priscilla

This is Ali from Ankara. I am working for a foreign trade company. I can help about Ankara. Feel free to ask anything about Ankara

Hi Priscilla,

This Ufuk from Antalya Turkey.How is it going?I hope you're doing fine.I'll be glad to help anyone in my region.

I speak also French but I must admit my accent is like Flemmish :))

The members of this site can ask me about anything,i'll do my best to help.

Take care everyone your super hero Ufuk is here to help :)

We moved to Alanya a month ago (Mahmutlar), I made many posts in hungary, but for now i have more questions then answers.
Me and my wife have lived in Netherlands (we are Dutch), UK, Luxembourg, Hungary and now Turkey (Alanya). I am 60 and my wife a bit younger.

Reason to come here, climate, ease of life, restaurants, cheaper (especially cigarettes), all is in walking (or taxi distance).
As for the climate, we knew lots of rain in winter, only thing I can say, I can confirm.

Inflation for us is not too bad, things are cheaper than we even imagined, however for locals the situation is terrible, the fact that Alcohol is same as in Hungary is around the same is strange to say the least.

So far Turkish people are friendly, very much so, very very service minded, but of course (especially during first few months we are getting ripped off (which is fine as long as we can get settled)).

Happy to see additional info on how to survive or get settled, many many things completed, but still many things outstanding, bank-accounts, tax info, how to deal with owners of association, home-deliveries, swimming in sea comfortably in sea (Mahmutlar), for me personally where to play chess, really fast internet, .....

Of course we have had our experiences (in general positive), but really we are newbies.

My background is finances (including taxes), so please only give serious comments, we are more interested in day-to-day life.
Happy to contribute, but please give us a bit more time.

For the moderator, please refer to the Hungary forum on what I do or can do.

Why do your posts in Hungary  you have done this post in English.
Turkish people want too speak English, maybe they do not understand Hungary language.
Best way too sort anything legal, go too the tax office, they are quite helpful. Get friendly with a Turkish person, that can speak English & put you in the right direction. I had an estate agent help me when I was in Marmaris, for an example.
Hope you get settled & everything sorted

For enight1, some of the things have to be done in original for Western Europe (not through scan, phone or email), frustrating, but that is life.
Some bank issues but also liquidating my company in Hungary.

I was just used to letter boxes in my life, not so much in Turkey, rest assured when I can get things to scans and email I will. Ordering DHL is also possible but a bit too far for some simple things.

By the way I am Dutch and do not speak Hungarian at all, I lived in Netherlands, UK, Luxembourg, Hungary and now Turkey (following the comfortable life against reasonable cost)

A shame no other replies, already 2 months old, where are the other contributors?

@Priscilla 
 Hi miss Priscilla
 Yes i interested 
Want to participated 

Regards , 
Just direct, but there is no stopping you from giving input, you have your USERID?

@Priscilla Apologies Priscilla, I think you are responsible for more locations then only Turkey, some of the are doing well, but in my view expat.com should do more for Turkey (so many many expats)
Far too much passive, I think I tried, and many postings (where are the readers), many peope SHOULD be interested, but they can not find?
@mikealex

Hi thank u for helping out. Can u tell me more how can apply for teaching jobs and how is the climate in Bursa. Is it really cold and snowy in winter.

@yasmin9200 apologies, clearly you have e-mail and internet, loads of information on Bursa, what teaching jobs (primary, secondary, but perhaps even university). Getting a job permit is not so easy, but if you have support from your school it should be more then fine, you really should get somewhere else (government) and call them, if you are needed, I think no problem, if you take jobs from local qualified people I would say no chance, still why did you not give any specs in your post (suspicious in my view)

Hello Everyone :
           Am Denis in Uganda i want to travel to Singapore or turkey is there any one who can help me so that I travel to one of those countries
Hi,

I stay in Alanya and i try to improve my English bec i'm going to move Germany, i can help you to get answers to your questions about Alanya, and meanwhile I can practice :) Feel free to contact me.
Regarding last posts, this really should not becoming a forum for using Turkey as a springboard for desparate people (example to move to Germany and learning English). Learning English I think is possible for all the countries in the world.
Good accurate people are needed everywhere (for Denis..), but little chance from Uganda (for EU or for that matter Turkey),
I am sad that people do not get fair chances, but Denis I think has internet (many young people in Turkey (refugees or local), bigger chances in EU (but then again how to find an employer)
Hello miasu,

Feel free to share information on the forum directly.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Information is something (and very important), but I can do without 'commercial' suggestions, again I have been longstanding member of expat (Hungary and now also Turkey) and I am happy to give my contribution, but all the people applying for a job and people proposing assistance (not for free I imagine) it is really too much, I will try to give appropriate replies, but in my view a moderator should intervene more often to make the forum more attractive and serious.

Apologies for the harsh comment (just for comparison, the Hungary forum seems to be quite clean(.
I will continue and I hope you will be happy, but a more attention to the Turkey forum would be apreciated (in any case by me)
Indeed expat.com needs you, very true, some countries seem to go fine, but in Turkey (perhaps people are too modern with youtube posts (which are good often), instagram, facebook etc.

Still there are elderly people (like myself) going for these type of forums (I am sure many elderly (or perhaps even younger) expats are interested)

In some other countries seems to work fine, in Turkey in a way it is a shame the last posts are by cdw057 (I do not understand, Turkey is a big country (with many, many expats))
@Priscilla i love to help ,,, but right now iam in process to settle down in turkey ,,, istanbul.... i have some questions i hope expat community will help me...

1. is Residency permit can get on the property value like 300,000 to 350,000 turkish lira...
2. my childrens age 10, 13 and 16 need to get admissions in english curriculum schools, are they easily available,,, on budget price.. e.g around 2000 lira pr month fee.
3. after 5 years living in turkey can we ... give request on permanent family residence. 
4. which istanbul areas are not suitable for residence permit,,,,and which areas are suitable...

thanks
@ufukalpaslaninvest hi my name is noman want to move to istanbul...  i have some questions please help me...
1. is Residency permit can get on the property value like 300,000 to 350,000 turkish lira...
2. my childrens age 10, 13 and 16 need to get admissions in english curriculum schools, are they easily available,,, on budget price.. e.g around 2000 lira pr month fee.
3. after 5 years living in turkey can we ... give request on permanent family residence. 
4. which istanbul areas are not suitable for residence permit,,,,and which areas are suitable...
thanks
Hello, The members of this site can ask me anything about Izmir. I am a Turkish person living in Izmir who is open to projects about expats.
@sinemolmezer Projects? I think does not like free advice through expat, what do you charge? I have many projects and I am more than happy to pay (people have to have their income). Still expat.com is not meant I think for commercial propositions (inderectly to refer to a good provider (also tricky). But also promote yourself? (If you are free to answer questions on the forum that is good, but mentioning projectsd implies to me commercial proposition).
I know neighbours, providers, ... they are happy to provide and I am happy to get (and pay). NOT through this forum though.

Please moderator can you follow or even block the poster?

@cdw057  I tried to say that as I am a person living in Izmir, I can answer questions about Izmir without any payment. Or you can do some google research and find your answers. I didn't ask for any payment. The moderator can decide what to do and every decision is OK for me. I don't care....

@cdw057 Please check the question of the moderator. they are asking if we are interested in projects with expats... And my quote was just an answer to their question.

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Cheryl Sorry I didn't recognize the date and status of the topic.