British Citizen marrying fiancé in Morocco - Paperwork query

@london185 Hello, can you please provide me with the contact details of the person who sells british embassy appointments. Thanks

@Mahmood M.Douglas

please be aware of the scammers. Appointments to the British embassy or consulate are NOT provided by third parties in Morocco. Appointments are made directly via the embassy's websites.

@Mahmood M.Douglas

https://www.book-consular-appointment.s … service=20

@idouarab2712

The issue is its hard to find appointments, if you go have a look now, its all unavailable, i  was looking for a few months, until my wife

found someone that makes the appointment for some money, otherwise  will take a while to find a appointment   

@idouarab2712 appointments are usually released 4 weeks in advance. however, i recently checked and found that some appointments had been released 6 weeks in advance. you will need to check daily and the best time to check is early morning. i believe (correct me if i am wrong) there are only about 2-3 appointments per day. they do go very quickly, so you will need check regularly and be quick to snap it up. some last minute cancellations may also come up.

@Mahmood M.Douglas there is no such thing anymore. Once appointments are reserved they are linked to your passport.

People can't make appointments then sell them on and change the passport details they used originally to reserve that appointment. If anyone advises you that they can it's a scam.

Hi there

Was hoping someone call help.

Marrying in Agadair

I've been told as long as I have all the

documents from the UK, there's no need to

go to Rabat to the British Embassay

(different rules for different cities)

What the court in Agadair require is an

attestation of capacity to contract the

marriage issued by consulate (which can be

done in UK)

Other standard documents needed are

payslip, job, dbs check etc which I have

Can someone please advise.

Thanks

@Nami91 im not sure what your question is exactky but if you mean the document in the uk thst means you dont need to go to the embassy in Rabat, then yes this csn be obtained in the UK at the local registry office. you need to call them to make an appointment. it will then take 30 days after that to get the focument you need from them

@SJAS85

Thanks for your reply

Just to confirm, I would not need to go to Rabat?

How can I obtain the attestation of capacity to contract the marriage issued by consulate

Who do I contact

Any help would be highly appreciated

Hi, yes as mentioned before the document that you need that you are referring to is the Certificate of No Impediment.  It confirms your capacity to marry.  If your Adoul has said that you can have that instead of the document from the embassy then you just call or email your local registrar (in the UK) and make an appointment and they issue your certificate 29 days after the appointment. Where in the UK are you based?

@SJAS85

Yes that is correct.

I've been told need all paperwork e.g. work, criminal record check etc.

But main paper needed is the certificate of impediment  - are you able to confirm if this is correct. And I don't have to go to the embasaay to swear by the affirmation etc.

Also all papers need to be translated to Arabic

I'm from the London area

Thanks for your reply

@Nami91

Hi Nami

I've just completed my paperwork etc here in Meknes and you do have to go to the consulate because the affidavit has replaced the certificate of no impediment. You will also need a certificate confirming your nationality which the consulate will give you and once you have these 2 docs you then have to go to the foreign affairs office to have them certified there and then follow that by getting your police report done.

If there is anything else you need to ask, feel free to DM me.

Taken from uk government website re marriage in Morocco.

Additional information for marriage affirmations or affidavits

This service replaced the Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from 10 March 2014. Also see how to apply for a marriage affirmation or affidavit online and in person.

To enable you to marry in Morocco, the British Embassy will provide you with 2 documents:

the affirmation or affidavit which replaces the capacity to marry

a certified copy of your British passport which replaces the certificate of nationality

Rhonda

@mcglen262

Thank you so much. Will send you a DM

Hey everyone!

im joining the married club🥳

Ive spent months reading some of these posts and researching And i still feel like I'm not completely understanding so ANY HELP would be so appreciated

I know the documents I have to bring from the UK, it's more the process there that I'm struggling with.

Il be emailing my documents over to be translated before going and applying for a police check online prior too ( has anyone else done the police check online?)

I'm travelling to Morocco on the 6th august.

My plan is to go and get medical certificates on the 7th of august and then retrieve my translated documents from a certified translator in Agadir.

Later that evening we will be travelling from Agadir to Rabat.

8th august I have the embassy at 11.00am.

I've paid the £75 online already.

Am I correct in understanding I would be able to go to the ministry of justice at 9.am to collect the criminal check, for the both of us if we have prior completed the online forms?

And then head to the appointment for 11am?

Or would I be able to skip the ministry of justice and get the criminal record checks posted to his address prior to me going to Agadir?

After the embassy appointment we will go and get the documents legalised, and then email them straight over to the translator in Agadir.

Am I correct in understanding that once we have our embassy appointment and legalise the documents we can go straight back to Agadir to pick up the translated documents, ready to submit to the adoul?

Can I make the photocopies in Agadir?

Can I do the passport photos in Agadir,

And I'm struggling to find if my fiancé needs any prior documents other than his passport, Id card, medical certificate and criminal record check.

I guess to sum up, my question is mainly about the police record check and doing it online prior. would I still have to go to the office in Rabat for it ? Or can I get it posted and completely skip the ministry of justice in Rabat ?

And do me and my fiancé do the same criminal record?

and once i get the documents legalised, and then make photocopies, do i have to do anything with the photocopied documents ?

@Shanpritchard9 Hello - head over to the thread titled 'Mixed marriage (british marrying a moroccan)' - Didi1998 made a really great post with all the documents and her recent exact steps & experience :)

@Shanpritchard9 Just make sure you have all orginal documents dated within theree months of your appointment. Also - I have request my moroccan criminal record which took 1 day.  My fiance cannot collect it and has to be collected by me only. If only he could collect it. would make life easier.

@Shanpritchard9 also - have your fiance go to the local court and collect a list from the secretary of the documents required to marry. We went to see the secretary in the mixed marriage department to obtain this. On that same sheet is what you need to bring too.

@Yasmin21

Thanks for your reply!!

i cant seem to find anything online about what documents he needs,

we think he needs

his Id card,

passport

and a criminal check in rabat aswell,

but unsure if there is anything else or if his documents need to be legalised? (if youve got any idea)

& yeah im going to apply for my criminal check online before going so i can just pick it up in the morning quickly 

@Yasmin21

okay thisssss is what i needed to know!

thankyou so much

@Shanpritchard9 they don't need to be legalised

Id

Passport

Certification he is single

Criminal record check

Birth certificate

14 photos

@Yasmin21 but go to the local court to clarify

Hi all,

Is anybody able to recommend a quality, approved, fast and efficient translator in Marrakech?

Thanks!