Divorce in Morocco

Background -
I'm a British male, she's Moroccan. Got married just before Covid hit, so never got to bring her over - has been about 1.8 years now and we are struggling bigtime with a distant relationship.

She has requested divorce now multiple times, she has no interest in waiting for Covid to be over and wants to move on with her life afresh.

-
I would like to know if we can annul this marriage without going through an expensive and painful divorce procedure?

What would be the cost?

I am asking these questions because I'm a little perplexed - I thought Moroccan law was governed by Shari'a - which should make divorce less complicated. However, from what I am reading it seems I have to hire a solicitor and physically attend (which is impossible in the Covid era).

Hi, I'm in a similar position in the sense that I live abroad whilst my estranged husband wants to start the Moroccan divorce process.
He needs 'closure' and a divorce certificate in order to remarry in October.
Has been putty my under pressure to hurry up and hire a Moroccan lawyer as well as jumping through other firey hoops.
Like you, I expected divorce to be quick and painless if done the Islamic way, but the Moroccan bureaucracy seems to make it really hard.
I've looked at options and have decided to not engage in the Moroccan requirements but have told him I'd he sends via email or to my po box address (not giving residential address as he's threatened to kill me and abduct our child, hence my reason for fleeing the marriage and having him deported from the UK in the first place).
I've read somewhere on this forum that, if you as the non Moroccan spouse living abroad and out of the jurisdiction of the Moroccan Court, then it could be best to simply ignore the requests and, eventually, the Moroccan spouse will Still be granted the divorce. It would just take them longer and might involve more chasing around, expense or stress for them. Bottom line is that it will eventually be granted.
So in your situation and mine, could he best to ignore and just wait for thr Moroccan process to take its course?
There must be people in Morocco who need a divorce but have no idea of whereabouts or contact details of their foreign estranged spouses, so there must be a way of them being allowed to divorce in thsme absence of partners involvement?