How to do STVP extension properly?

My ex-employer submitted extension request 2 weeks before STVP expiry date, 7 June. In that request, I said I'm waiting for my student pass and I asked for about a month extension. I attached a flight booking date which is about 24 days after STVP expiry date. But MOM replied that my STVP is extended for 2 days only which is till 9 June. And MOM asked to buy air ticket and if the ticket date is after 9 June, they ask to submit extension request within 7 days of STVP expiry date.

Currently, there is 1 flight every week to my country. there is flight available on 12 June and there are a lot of seats available. I wanna book ticket for 19 June. but I worry that MOM officer will not approve and asked why i booked on 19 and why not 12.

- Do i have to show some proof that there are no flight before the booking date in extension request?
- Has anyone submitted and got approved for STVP extension more than once? cuz i read somewhere in the forum that some people do it without being rejected. please teach me if you know how.

Hi Daniel,

I just got my first STVP extension for 14 days. I am just sharing how I applied for it.

I booked my flight within 14 days of STVP expiry, shared it with ex-employer and asked them to submit online request only within 7 days before my STVP expires (as per MOM guideline), to extend my STVP for 14 more days by uploading the air ticket.

STVP expires on 30 May 2021
Extension request submitted on 23 May 2021
Extension approved on 27 May 2021
Extended STVP expires on 12 Jun 2021 (My flight is on 12 Jun 2021)

My reason for extension:
"Pass holder's flight is within the next 14 days and needs an extension of stay until the departure date. Employer have to upload the flight itinerary and payment receipt"

You may check this link for more info. https://form.gov.sg/#!/5f1803c2adf7da00122fc34e

Daniel: After extending your STVP by only two days, MoM already gave a strong indication that you should leave the country as soon as possible. To avoid further trouble, you should book the next available flight - preferably before 9. June, but definitely not after 12. June.
In other threads you indicated that you are S-Pass holder, which one is true? (I recommend you do not post conflicting and confusing information - otherwise we cannot give you appropriate advice. Also, stop trying to game the system - this never works in Singapore!)

@beppi- Daniel just posted on another thread that his EP came through today, the family has their DPs pending though.

@beppi, thanks for your reply. Sometimes I'm posting the questions on behalf of my wife. So, it becomes confusing if you read my other threads. Cos I always use "I" instead of "she". Sorry for the confusion.

Our status is like below:
- I'm currently a S pass holder. My new employer applied EP on 28 Apr and my EP got approved today.
- My wife used to be a S pass holder. She applied for student pass and got rejected. Then, I asked my new employer to submit Dependent pass for my wife. Then, her DP application was submitted on 24May. But her STVP expiring soon and next week her ex-employer is going to do extension with flight ticket. So, I'm hoping her DP result to be out soon. Is there any case DP application can be rejected? what are the chances.

Congratulations for your EP!
If your income is above the threshold of S$6000/month, her DP is almost certain to be approved. It usually takes one to two weeks for the approval - if your case is more urgent, the employer should contact MoM and tell her STVP expiry date!

my EP salary is 6k as stated in eligibility for DP.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … ligibility

Hi Dephi,

Valuable info here. I can relate to it.
One query - When you are registering for VBM flight on embassy website did you registered for your family members as well separately..?

I think We need to register only the details of persons who are returning to India.
But for applying STVP extension purpose, we can book the flight directly from airline (AirIndia Express) website and need to attach the flight ticket only.