Health care and health care costs in Greece

Hello Greece forum members...
My wife and I are soon relocating from USA to Greece and will be retired in Thessaloniki. We are so far quite comfortable with every aspect of living in Greece...but we cannot seem to find any websites for private health care agencies LOCATED IN GREECE. (NOTE: We are not referring to those international cover places like BUPA, Cigna, Aetna, Prime Meridian, Relianz, etc).  We know the Greek health care system has likely been ravaged in 2020 like may other countries...but we need help in finding websites/email addresses for private insurance agents or companies... can anyone help us with this information?

Hi,

I am sorry, I don't know of any website in English that lists private insurance companies in an impartial manner. Most private insurance agencies are non-exclusive and each one may work for more than one insurance companies.  Banks, as a rule, are associated with insurance companies, usually their own.

This web site lists several Insurance companies, Greek and foreign, operating in Greece:
https://www.asfalisinet.gr/%CE%B1%CF%83 … %B5%CF%82/

The site is in Greek but the names of the companies are also links to the companies' websites.

A website listing the top ten insurance agencies, in terms of revenues, is this:
https://www.insurancedaily.gr/oi-10-pro … a-to-2018/
The site is in Greek, but for more information, you can email them (their email address appears on their site).

Hope to have been of help,
Good luck,
Vasilis

Dear Vasilis,
thank you for your kind assistance.....we will try to figure out how to contact those companies.
FurnitureMan

Here in Greece there is...Alianz and Generali,they are major insurers,Athens airport used to use Alianz for all their employees private health care,,they now use Generali,my husband works there and I am also covered which I have had cause to use on many occasions,you can have any level of cover you want,or lets say they have various options,ask for some quotes.

There is a site called insurancemarket. gr that shows numerous insurance companies and what they offer. It is in Greek though and I'm not sure if it's translated. It is good to check around and keep in mind the costs are higher with age and lower if you have a deductible. There may be an multiple insurance sales office in your neighbourhood where they will look around for an insurance company that caters to your needs. As an example, I pay around 1200 euro a year for private health care with a 1500 euro deductible ( the public health care system will also make a contribution to the final costs, so you pay less than 1500) I am 59 and the costs go up approx 40 euros per year. I have Groupama. 😊

furnitureman wrote:

Hello Greece forum members...
My wife and I are soon relocating from USA to Greece and will be retired in Thessaloniki. We are so far quite comfortable with every aspect of living in Greece...but we cannot seem to find any websites for private health care agencies LOCATED IN GREECE. (NOTE: We are not referring to those international cover places like BUPA, Cigna, Aetna, Prime Meridian, Relianz, etc).  We know the Greek health care system has likely been ravaged in 2020 like may other countries...but we need help in finding websites/email addresses for private insurance agents or companies... can anyone help us with this information?

Wow, so let me get this right. You are now moving to Bulgaria, Hungary, France and Greece any other country?

Yes,thought the same

Yes....also, Estonia and Finland....cheers.

Medical certificate in Greek

Hi,
We have a policy here in Thessaloniki with Met Life, awesome coverage, if your still looking let me know and I'll pass on the sales rep's  phone number to you.