Social workers with young people.

Hello :)

I'm a student in social work, more specifically as specialized educator. As i'm reaching my last year and preparing for my degree, i'm working on my thesis.

My thesis is based on the word. My problematic is : How the specialized educator can use the word as a tool in his accompaniment and bring the young people in a responsibilities process ?

I would like to meet some professional and ask some questions that I will be able to put in my thesis. I think it would be interesting to have some example of how social worker do their job in other country, and it would open our vision of the social work. And because i'm looking to work in other countries after my diploma.

I would be happy to meet some of you and ask you a few questions.

Thank you for your interest, Christ.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Just to clarify; can you please explain what you mean by "My thesis is based on the word"?

Also, any particular reason why you're asking in our Scotland Forum?

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,
thank you for your reply :)

Well, by "word" i mean "speech", the general term.. I don't know if it's clear ?
As social worker, word is important and one of the tool we use every day to communicate with people we accompany.

And I choose Scotland to do my research, because i was curious to know how you work with young peoples. I want to work abroad after my degree and I want to know as much as possible about countries and the way they're working in social.

Have a good day :)

Hi again and thanks for your response.

Thank you for clarifying that.

How to help you; to be honest, we don't get many people asking questions like yours on the Forum, so after a bit of thought, have you tried contacting the Scottish Social Services Council?  They are the Regulatory authority in Scotland responsible for Social Work in Scotland?  They have a website; this link will take you straight there, within there are contact details.

I'm suggesting them as social work will be regulated as a profession and if you're contemplating working in Scotland, your qualifications will need to be validated by the Regulators, so they seem to be as good a place as any to start asking questions.

The only problem I can foresee in the immediate future is that you're in your last year of your course and Covid is causing all sorts of problems with many people working from home (so contacts are a bit hit and miss at the moment), but hopefully somebody will respond to your contact and be able to set you off in the right direction.

Hopefully, somebody will pick up on your question here and come back to you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,

thank you for your kind reply!

I will contact the Scottish social services and hope they will help me. :)
I know the situation is a bit uncertain currently but for now, i try to focus on my diploma and i'll see how is it going then.

Thank you, have a nice day.