Doing business in Scotland


are foreign investors welcome in Scotland?

Is it complicated to register a company in Scotland? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Scotland?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,


It is very easy to register a business all over the UK includin Scotland and Ireland. If you are a foreigner you just need a work permit and national registration number. To recurit anyone you can take help of a recruitment agency or you can post a job in job borads such as or Linkedin UK or anywhere else.You can read this answer about starting a business in the UK for expats [ Moderated : link not accepted ]

Corporation Tax is now 21% dropped from 20% vat is applicable totalling 41%
To engage in Business in Scotland You will need to determine what type of Visa You will require. There is an investors Visa,but the conditions are very stringent these days,and usually a Company is required to sponsor You. Facts can be found on the U.K Gov website.