New EP and entry approval for Financial Services

Hi all,

Has anyone been approved for a new EP and entry approval in the Financial Services sector? I recently accepted a role and my employer applied for my EP this week, but just wondering how long this would take these days, especially for the entry approval.

Only MOM knows how long will it take. One day to months :( Hope u get it Soon. Good luck

Hi @RosedaleGP... Did u hear back from them ? I'm on the same boat... Applied last week of December.. Waiting to hear from them.

I haven't unfortunately. I applied last week only, and HR told me to expect to receive it within 3 weeks. Coming from the US so really hope that this get sorted out early before another wave of Covid rises again :(

Do keep us posted @Rosedale.. I'll update too when I hear back... And all the best..

This group has been of great help during all the tough days, I was waiting for EP.
Sharing my case :
Applied : 29th December 2020 (Status pending on 30th December)
Query : 30th December (To submit full marksheets - which were submitted the same day)
Further query : 6th December 2021 (Company documents/ employee justification)
Approved : 19th January 2021 :-)

Place : India (Applied from India)
Relieved. Be positive guys.. It will come sooner or later...

Congratulations @VYOM2000.
What did they specifically ask in "Company documents/ employee justification".

@Rosedale: Did you hear back from them ?
I am on the same boat.

Hey VYOM, Many congratulations! Can you please share your industry and company size? And if you have lived in Singapore before?

Hi All,

I was in Singapore till  last year (1 year in total) and had to come back cz of a family emergency. I work in the financial industry and the company is decently sized (as in 100+ employees).

As for the company documents/employee justification, I'm not sure exactly what all was asked. I was informed by the HR that such a requirement has come in, and the company was required to provide justification for my hire along with details of the company.. I guess @beppi and @surya would be better qualified to answer on this particular requirement.

Just try to understand that you are now approaching same employer? Or is that a new employer? Yes, new guidelines are imposed in recent months including much more stringent measures from MoM. For any recruitment of a foreign candidate who is not in Singapore at present is under MoM scrutiny. Employer has to justify to hire a foreigner and provide the evidence that it tried locally but skill set didn't match. Good luck

Got my visa approved today.
How long does it take to to get the entry approval?

You should have entry approval from MoM. If you have the approval on hand then you may go through PCR test at Indian airport and get fit to travel here.  After reached, you will be hotel or home quarantine for 14 days, all the expenses will be bearing by your employer or you (min $2000). If you are tested positive during home quarantine in Singapore then same thing goes again that all the cost will be bearing by you or your employer. Good luck

Hi Guys,

My husband's consultancy applied for EP on 21st Jan,2021.
No further documents were demanded by MOM.
His EP status is still Pending.
When asked the consultancy, they are saying they cant do anything as since Jan, they have not got any EP approvals.
Wondering is it just a wait and watch game.

Did your husband's ep get approved?