Average Processing time of EP for IT sector during December 2020

Hello,
I have applied for my EP on 25 th November. My client is a Bank but my employer is not a MNC. Now it's 26 days since applied and my status is still pending . Currently I'm outside of Singapore. I wasn't holding any pass when applying. I used to work Singapore before. Do anyone from IT sector who is waiting for the approval during this time ?

You should read existing threads to understand the current situation here.

Most of cases, if not all that MoM is not approving EP if the candidate is not working and residing in Singapore at present. Good luck

First I think you should be update. Singapore has removed the restrictions.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/frequen … quirements

*** And I know some friends who are residing outside who's passes got approved.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : No name-calling, please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dilshankm: If you do not want to hear well-meant advice from one of our long-standing volunteers, then either don't post your questions here, or ignore the reply. But berating him is NOT o.k.!
Fact is that MoM does currently not approve many applications for employees who are ouside of the country. There are some exceptions, but nobody other than MoM can tell whether you have a chance to belong to this small group. (And of course the situation can also change any moment for any reason.)
I will ask the moderators to remove the offending part of yor post above. Please d not use such words again in future!

I have clearly mentioned my question and I came here reading all the facts. Mom have removed the restrictions recently and i need the answers from there.If some one don't know it it's better to check and answer and not some ones on mind.  I don't expecting ideas on some one's minds. I'm expecting experiences occurred during this time. Even you don't have idea what's going on exactly. I'm asking average processing time. Not what mom considering in approvals. I want some one experiences.

Since the restrictions were eased (not removed) very recently, there is clearly NO experience and nothing to get an “average” from. To expect that so soon is naive - ask again in a few months!
And one more time, please tone down your voice towards our volunteers (and other contributors) here: Any more such aggressive post and you will be banned from this site!

I just asked a question and I'm expecting answers.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/frequen … quirements

This is what from mom. As I said I'm expecting answers from persons who got experienced recently from IT field. If you don't know what I'm asking the problem is with you. not me. I'm not afraid of getting banned from here. What I am losing ? My words are clear about my question and not to make damage anyone else.

Not sure where did you get the information that MoM has removed all restrictions. Read it carefully, MoM didn't say any such things. MoM is a governing body whose work is to allocate work passes based on selecting criteria and rationale it has set up as its benchmark. Now, due to COVID-19 situation govt has given clear instructions to every employer to hire Singaporeans first then PRs. If you still can't fill this with local talents then provide rationale for this as hundreds of locals have lost their jobs. Even many companies have set up skills upgradation programs to hire people from other fields who are most affected then upgrade their skills. MoM is following govt instruction and allocating work passes accordingly.

So, it's not a normal situation here. That's why MoM is reduced significantly giving work passes to foreigners who are not in Singapore. This what exactly happening now. You can read last few weeks threads here and you will come know that people who have IPA in hand and EP holders those are outside of Singapore stuck there as ICA rejecting their entries.

Now, looking at new clusters of COVID-19 found in UK, situation will be more stricter and subsequently it will further impact the economy and MoM & ICA will put more restrictions. Hope this situation doesn't arise.

So, overall we are trying to say that neither MoM nor ICA has removed all restrictions as you are claiming here. But, yes if situation improves there will be some relaxation given to visitors and applicants who are not residing in Singapore. There was a separate thread I did share the news about Govt has set up a new corridor to allow business travellers visit to Singapore from all countries and under regular check up they will attend the meetings.

So, if your application is pending for 1 month then reach out your employer to find out the current status and progression.

Bear in mind, Beppi is helping expats more than a decade and I joined him to do volunteering this forum more than 4 to 5yrs back. We give instructions or advise best of our knowledge and ability. If you are not interested to take our advise then you may opted out we are not forcing you to understand the reality.

The reality I have explained in the above in details. If your few friends got pass approval, then it's fit into my very first comment that MoM gives few passes who are part of the essential services or skills which is very much in demand but local can't fill. Let us know how many of your friends got pass approval who are not in Singapore and their skills (specific to IT field, these are few skills which are in demand such as Data science, cyber security, AI, Blockchain, Banking payments system etc.) Did they get ICA clearance to enter Singapore? Good luck

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=913625

you can read mine (if anything related at all) because its in appeal state currently