Has anyone been issued with a Qatar work visa lately?

Hi
Has managed to get a work visa lately as Qatar immigration are now issuing work visas from 3rd Dec? I was offered a role with Qatar Petroleum in August and still waiting for a work visa before I can fly over (I'm in UK). I suspect there's a big backlog of visa applications so the usual 1-2 weeks visa processing timeframe won't apply but nevertheless would be good to hear from others! Very frustrating having had to wait for more than 4 months so far but of course we're in the middle of a pandemic :(

Also secured a job in Doha in August but still waiting for the work visa to be issued. Taking much longer than expected but fingers crossed hopefully should be done soon now. But you're definitely not the only one experiencing delays!

Thanks umarbhatti7. Do let us know once you receive your work visa and I will do the same likewise.

Have you gotten it yet?

Hi dear!

Did you get the visa, any luck? Did you follow up and asked the recent status? What did they say?

Hi,

What is the latest status my friend?

Hello everyone,
In my case, visa issued already and with entry permit .The problem when I was browsing my portal in job.hamad.qa my status change in termination of application. I sent email but no reply on what happen.I sent email to my agency to let them know about the status.They sent email and after how many days they received the respond from Hamad. It says that the top management doing the budget analysis and for the time being they stop the recruitment activity.It's for all the applicant I assume.

No, still not received my work visa yet. At this rate, could end up waiting years!! :(

Wow!!! HR applied since November and no visa still..I will just keep searching for  jobs with other countries  :(

Still waiting for my work visa as well.. no light at the end of the tunnel just yet

Got my Qatar work visa today!!! Pheeeeeew..finally.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/TgrUtxYDPubgk/200.gif

congratulations! Checked my status on MOI and it's "ready to print" should I send a mail to HR or wait a few days 🤔

psychopomp1 wrote:

Got my Qatar work visa today!!! Pheeeeeew..finally.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/TgrUtxYDPubgk/200.gif

Give it a few days, then remind your employer.

@wuraola have you received your work visa yet? My status says ready to print as well. Does anybody know what that actually means? Does it mean the visa has been issued but hasn't reached our employer yet?

Wait a few days and if it doesnt changefrom "ready to print",contact your employer about it.. Ready to print means visa is ready but payment has to be made before you can get it

umarbhatti7 wrote:

@wuraola have you received your work visa yet? My status says ready to print as well. Does anybody know what that actually means? Does it mean the visa has been issued but hasn't reached our employer yet?

Hi,
If the visa ready for print,then the next step,is for you to wait for their official email.Like what happen for me.They will advise you that you can resign and give them the notification period or your employment certificate after you resign. Then they will continue the process.But as I said in my previous email,if the employer is from Hamad,they stop the processing due to budget analysing as of now. Check also your portal/website under your account.
Wishing for the best.

Hi,
I received my work visa in December. Got the travel permit and hotel booking for January 27th. Now in Doha and today is the last day of Quarantine most probably.

Umair1981 wrote:

Hi,
I received my work visa in December. Got the travel permit and hotel booking for January 27th. Now in Doha and today is the last day of Quarantine most probably.

Nice! After leaving the quarantine hotel, will you have to self quarantine for a further 7 days at your own accommodation? Or are you free as a bird?

I'm almost ready to travel just waiting for flight details.

I will come to know about this tomorrow. Will update surely.

Umair1981 wrote:

I will come to know about this tomorrow. Will update surely.

So were you allowed to move freely after completing your 7 day hotel quarantine?

No home quarantine required. Only 7 days of hotel quarantine was enough.

Hello .have U undergo QVC?

Yes. That's the only procedure one must follow for completion of work visa.

Umair1981 wrote:

No home quarantine required. Only 7 days of hotel quarantine was enough.

Hi,  did it say 7days on your hotel booking or 14days? Mine says 14days quarantine. . But that's too long!

Hey guys, for those who have already received their visa, how long did you have to wait?

Hi .
I have been waiting for my visa for 1 month and a half And when I check on the MOI website it keeps showing " Sorry Requested Visa Not Found " .
But my coordinator tells me he has my immigration number And I have to wait .
Does anyone know what is the maximum time that takes for qatar to issue visa ?!
If someone has the same experience  please DM me .

Usually it takes 7-10 working days.

1718zahrarostami wrote:

Hi .
I have been waiting for my visa for 1 month and a half And when I check on the MOI website it keeps showing " Sorry Requested Visa Not Found " .
But my coordinator tells me he has my immigration number And I have to wait .
Does anyone know what is the maximum time that takes for qatar to issue visa ?!
If someone has the same experience  please DM me .

my husband has been waiting visa more than 2 weeks  too. they are so slow..

Hi Sir Wilson,

I would like to ask a question, I am currently in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, I am planning to buy a freelance visa + ID to agent in Qatar this year but I have a 2 years contract here in Saudi but I will only finish 1 year in the company and by this coming October I will come in Qatar to avail that visa, My question is I am a Filipino citizen if I avail that freelance visa + ID do I need to come home in the Philippines to take the QVC or The Agent will do the job for the QID for me?, and will I Get a problem in Saudi or Other GCC countries if I did not come back in Saudi using Exit and Re-entry visa.

Thank you and Regards.

See if you are coming directly from Saudi Arabia after final exit then you need a Qatar single entry employment Visa,  required PCC and others documents as well.
Please check this site PCC
Choice is yours
And other option is after final exit returning from Saudi Arabia to your home country, you can ask your New Employer in Qatar to book an appointment from QVC site.
in Saudi if you don't go final exit and plan to work in some other GCC countries it wont be issue until you have a bank loan and Saudi Employer ban with no serious matter then travel ban is for a period of 2 or 3 years.
I am not sure if this rule in Saudi is abolished or still in.

Please refer to Freelance Visa topic Which was already discussed

KRosales wrote:

Hi Sir Wilson,

I would like to ask a question, I am currently in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, I am planning to buy a freelance visa + ID to agent in Qatar this year but I have a 2 years contract here in Saudi but I will only finish 1 year in the company and by this coming October I will come in Qatar to avail that visa, My question is I am a Filipino citizen if I avail that freelance visa + ID do I need to come home in the Philippines to take the QVC or The Agent will do the job for the QID for me?, and will I Get a problem in Saudi or Other GCC countries if I did not come back in Saudi using Exit and Re-entry visa.

Thank you and Regards.

I know that too !
The thing which is weird is that after 1 month and a half MoI website Is still showing " requested visa not found " instead of showing " visa is under process .
I dont really know if its really under process or not .
My coordinator says he has applied but dont know whats the issue .
Have u ever heard the same thing ?

Thank you sir wilson, It means i can direct fly to qatar using exit and re-entry visa without a problem, even i only finish 1 year of my 2 years fixed term contract?.

@1718zahrarostami Same thing happens to me ....

Hi everyone
I live and work in Australia and have got a job offer as family medicine consultant ,and I need to apply for a work visa,however when I contacted the Qatari embassy in Australia,I was asked to get my medical diploma verified in Russia where my I had studied medicine and as you know that almost impossible due to current war,any one has been through the same process? any advice?

Topic Linked with QVC Qatar