Help with Permesso di Soggiorno - Address requirements!

Buongiorno tutti,

I have just moved to Florence with a Working Holiday Visa and I have a very simple question:

'When applying for the Permesso di Soggiorno, does my address need to match the same as my visa application?'

My situation: I have been approved the visa, for which you need to provide details for the first six weeks of my stay in Italy at a Hostel. BUT now my friend has told me that he will host me, so that I don't have to pay money for a hostel. This situation is a thousand times better for me as i really don't have the money to waste on a hostel if I don't have to.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help, I am very cautious and wouldn't want to do anything wrong or anything that would jeopardise my future in italy.

Grazie mille.

I have just renewed my Permesso for the first time with some similarity to your situation.
You will need a "dichiarazione di opsitalita" confirming your host is providing a hime to you. A signed note from your host should satisfy  the questura that you have a satisfactory place of residence. You will also have to register the address at the Commune anagrafa, who may want details of the property (in my case including plumbing certificate, gas boiler certificate and floor plan!!)

Good luck