Travelling on expired permesso di soggiorno

Hi. i am an international student in milan. My permesso di soggiorno was expired and i have applied for renewal. my home country is Pakistan. For some reasons, I will have to move to australia (i have visa for australia) before my appointment at Questure.
Can i travel to a country other than home country on RICEVUTA (appointment reciept) and will I be allowed to re-enter italy based on ricevuta??

NO.

You can travel in and out of Italy with the paper that confirms you have an appointment at the questura that you should've received at the post-office when you submitted your renewal application.

However, be careful when you buy your airplane tickets because you can only come in or out of the Schengen Zone through Italy. That means no connection flights on other European Union countries.

You will need to travel with your passport, your expired permesso di soggiorno and the paper you received at the Poste Italiane.

Good day, please I want to ask a question and please I need an urgent answer, my passport is expired already but I have the receipt also my permisso di sorggiorno is expired too also have the receipt, now I want to travel to Sardegna it's within Italy I want to know if I can use this receipts to travel without problem at the airport?
Better ask at any italian police station or at a "municipio" yo have a certain answer.

Rgds

@akgr120 Hi, i wanted to ask if I can go to Netherlands for at least 5 days to visit my Auntie who is very sick. But my Permesso isnt ready yet and I only have the receipt (i did the finger print already) can i safely go to the Netherlands and can come back to Italy without any worries?

@giftosawuyi
I have the same issue… have you resolved your problem?
@giftosawuyi hello!
I have the same issue.. my passport is renewed.. but the ricevuta postale of my pernesso di soggiorno has the old passport number mentioned in it… i am also not able to figure out whether i can travel without any problems..
if you have already found a solution to it please help..
Thanks

@shbilal001 Have you solved your problem? Did you travel on the poste receipt?

@shbilal001 Have you solved your problem? Did you travel on the poste receipt?
-@imran9pk

Please search the Italy forum.  The answer to this has been discussed many many times!

Romaniac

@romaniac can you please give me any specific link? I have the same question

Hi i m in canada my permesso di soggiorno expired can i travel in italy my resdienc card is vilad.