Incorrect details on Permesso di Soggiorno how do I change it

I wonder if anyone can help

My friends fiancée is a Nigerian national living in Italy, he has a Permesso di Soggiorno but his date of birth has been entered incorrectly with 1989 not 1988 and they have left out his middle name, this card now doesn't match his passports details, he went to the police station and they said these errors were not important but if he wants it corrected he needs to go to the Nigerian consulate in Rome and pay €150 to have it changed or wait until 2020 for a renewal ? He is due to apply for a spousal visa to come to the uk will these errors effect his UK Visa application?

Ljw7867 wrote:

I wonder if anyone can help

My friends fiancée is a Nigerian national living in Italy, he has a Permesso di Soggiorno but his date of birth has been entered incorrectly with 1989 not 1988 and they have left out his middle name, this card now doesn't match his passports details, he went to the police station and they said these errors were not important but if he wants it corrected he needs to go to the Nigerian consulate in Rome and pay €150 to have it changed or wait until 2020 for a renewal ? He is due to apply for a spousal visa to come to the uk will these errors effect his UK Visa application?

Is his spouse a British national?

Permesso di Soggiorno is for Italy only and has nothing to do with the UK

Not related to Nigerian consulate either, I think you took help from an interpreter, something lost in translation!

Is it not so, that his visa for the UK needs to be applied for at the British embassy in Nigeria? There only his Nigerian passport is needed, his Italian PdS is of no interest.
Janin