Parking my car on the road in front of neighbor's apartment block.

This evening, I wanted to park my car in front of my apartment but there were too many cars so I parked next door (this is like the third time in six months that I have done it). The neighbor saw me, called me up, and we had a 'stand off' until a police officer came and told me to move.

The police officer didn't speak any English (and I don't speak Arabic), so I couldn't ask him:

In Saudi Arabia, is the area in front of your apartment private property, or can anyone park there legally? (I'm not talking about manners/politeness, just the legal right).

Thank you for reading this.

As far as I know, that only applies to organisations and not private individuals.  The land outside the domain of your apartment belongs to the relevant area governate.

But practically speaking, forget about debating legal right.  Courtesy and manners takes precedence over any perceived rights.  If the police is called, they will side with the apartment owner / resident.

Thank you. I did it because there wasn't much of another place to park (I've done it a couple of times in over 6 months). The policeman came and sided with him and he was acting like he was correct. He was more annoying than the situation.

This is Saudi unfortunately :)

Wake up man you're in Saudi Arabia