Returning a car lease

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in returning a car that they got on lease either from NCB bank or directly from a dealer. I am planning on getting lease and being here for the duration, but if something was to to happen and I left, I am wondering what the penalties would be for returning the vehicle.

Banks don't take cars back b'coz their role was only to facilitate the persons asking leases. Cars is not their core business.

2 options:

1- Ask for an early contract termination >> Pay them all the remaining debt >> take car in your name >> Sell it

2- Look for someone who'll take from you the ownership of the remaiming debt >> Offer him some good discount over the amount you had paid to bank >> Let him sign the contract with bank >> Give him the keys are you got free!

...and I don't know how car dealers resolve early termination requests.

i got toyota yaris direct from abdul latif jamil in sep 2017 now want to quit because going on long vacation but no customer available what should i do, if i return to dealer there is huge pelanties kindly give me a good suggestion.

I just returned mine 2016 yaris
Penalty is 10,000sr
+
Damage quotation

I paid 13,000 in total

I recommend house to dealer

Francis, Did you returned the car to Abdullatif Jameel which was on lease? If so, why did they charge 10,000?

Yes its a penalty from cutting a contract

I already paid 2 yrs least money. Still they charge 10000? Because I also have the same yaris2016. I paid the down payment of 4000 already

Hi kuya.. did you pay all that in one down or can be installment?

Hi everyone, kindly help me with this one pls. I have a 2016 corolla car lease with ALJ. I was terminated from the company and had not paid ALJ 3mos monthly installment, they took my car back. My questions are:
1. Do i have to pay them b4 going exit?
2. How much will be the amount, I paid 6K downpayment to ALJ.

You still need to pay you balance of 3 months
+ if you can't transfer your car to someone else it will be the same issue as i mentioned of my post

Your down payment will be voided

The down payment is only for processing fee
And other paper works
Your biggest problem is they pulled the car and didn't pay for 3 months so probably they already file a case for you on Makkama or "court"

My best advice is visit TOYOTA AJL pay the balance
Of 3 months and find a person you can transfer the car
And ask them if they file a case on makkama because it will be a big problem for you

Good luck

I pay it all at the same time 13k

Hello,

Franz, Is that a fixed amount of SAR 10,000 penalty? Or it may vary on the car model/type? The more expensive the vehicle the more expensive the penalty. Mine is a Corolla Sports 2016 model.

Thank!

I am going on exit and i am planning to come back. I have toyota yaris lease in alj. My friend is ready to transfer my car under his name until i come back. So what is the procedure? How much does Alj charge for ownership transfer?

Hello Kayan

Did you able to return the car to  ALJ.

did they accept ?kindly let me know plz
Contact me on whats App ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Barista ,
I need some advice and guidance from you
Could you contact me on WHATS APP ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Francis ,
Kindly share the Detail procedure where and what docunents they required
For returning the Car

If you're going to return your car make sure you are located where you bought your car. Otherwise they won't allow it. Or they will ask you to bring it to the city where you first time bought the car.

Any damage and or missing from the car. They will include to the computation. So make sure its in pristine condition like mine.

For computation on how much will cost versus the number of years. Please refer to their website. Its all there.

Good luck!

Transfer is free. As long as the car is transfer to your friend who happen to be on the same location where you bought your car for the first time. Just the estimara is fine. But you'll have to pay for the transfer fee and before the transfer will take place. The car should have new insurance and the car should undergo a periodic check up.

Boss can i ask what i will do because my friend the owner of the car has been jail and he will be deported he want to return his car with 7months paid only, what should i do?

Well..the car can be transferred if only the owner is exactly wherr they bought the cat

michaelifurungescote28 wrote:

Boss can i ask what i will do because my friend the owner of the car has been jail and he will be deported he want to return his car with 7months paid only, what should i do?

Normally leasing company will take it back and lease it back to the buyers

Hi. anyone here knows that if i want to transfer to new owner it needs to be 1yr before transferring to new owner. Right now i need to transfer my car to new one because i have to exit, i already have exit visa and the car is only 5 months from us . If anyone knows the same problem like me and got sold please tell me what to do. I cant return the car because i have to pay 10,000sar + . Please help thanks

i take my car unit in abdul latif jameel olaya branch

Pih ar wrote:

Hi. anyone here knows that if i want to transfer to new owner it needs to be 1yr before transferring to new owner. Right now i need to transfer my car to new one because i have to exit, i already have exit visa and the car is only 5 months from us . If anyone knows the same problem like me and got sold please tell me what to do. I cant return the car because i have to pay 10,000sar + . Please help thanks

you can even transfer lease after 2 months or one month, if your the person who is willing to take this transfer have good bank history, salary as bank criteria , letter from his company , and agreement between you and him who will pay transfer fee, currently you are in need so people will ask you to give transfer fee, bcuz they will pay 2 or 3 months advance payment for transfer.
so think and advertise it on any site.

saqayyum2000..

The istemara is in my husbands name. the agent said i can go exit . is it true? i just want to make sure.

Pih ar wrote:

saqayyum2000..

The istemara is in my husbands name. the agent said i can go exit . is it true? i just want to make sure.

if you have used the combine salary procedure to lease the car then yes you can not. Your husband  to fulfil their requirement of minimum salary and remove your name from beneficiary then you can.
if your husband is staying in that case above thing will help only.
if you need work around then transfer the car to your truth worthy friend. add an additional driver to that istemara and let your husband use this car.
some banks have restrictions also that only blood relatives can be added as an additional drivers.

Hi guys, i have car from ALJ (ALRAJHI Bank) Toyota Yaris 2020. i used the car over 2 years. last month on 18 Feb 2022, faced an issue in the car Water Goes inside the engine, then i took the car to ALJ and they make 1 paper keep the car with them, after 3 days they contacted me to come to their office and give them approval to open the engine and if my mistake will charge me money around 3500. i did not go there because car still under warranty they have to fix the issue but they wont until get my approval. any how i am thinking to cancel the contract then and return the car to them. is there any penalty should i pay. till now there is no pending installment which i need to pay them because i am timely paying installments. any advise?

hi can i go to my country for 2 months vaccation as i have car on lease? or they do not allow me to go vaccation?

Hi everyone i have yaris-2022 leased from ALJ i want to do full payment to balance instalment what discount they will offer if anyone has come across such experience plz guide

@Francis2420

I had a car on installment in 2018. paid 2 years installment.. went to my home land nd did not come back as faced problems with company.

came to saudia after 5 years on temporary work .. wanted to go back but at airport immigration stopped me did not allow me to travel and advised to go to Mahkama...

what would be the problem and what is the solution now.

can you please guide?

@Francis2420

I had my car from ALJ in 2018. paid 2 years installment. went on vacation and never returned back because company issues.

Cam back in 2023 in temporary work visa  yesterday wanted to travel back but at airport immigration stopped me . did not let me fly and advise to contact Mahkama.

What should I do? please advise / guide

@Atif Mehmood6 There must be a travel ban to you due to the unpaid loan that is why they asked you to approch mahkama…

They  didnt asked you while you enter to KSA?

@ashraf_vnb

no

@ashraf_vnb

No. nobody asked or advised anything. left was only I think 3 or 4 installment and final payment. what should I do now? can u guide?

@Atif Mehmood6 there is no way other than to pay, you just visit the ALJ and check with them  the pending balance , may be they will give you some discount, after the payment  the travel ban will be remove by the court

@ashraf_vnb

Thank you brother. shall dòit. Once paid, any idea how much time it shall take until court remove ban?

Hello. May I have an advice regarding Transferring the car ownership? I availed the car last April 2021 ( Toyota yaris 2021). Can anyone guide me what is the process? is theres any penalty that I have to pay? and how long it will take to finalize the request? thanks in advance. 🙏