British marrying a Moroccan

You need to show proof of all and any income, even if it is PIP. I get child support, work and get govt food assistance in the states, I showed them all of that, with translations. They will also bring it up in the interview with the police.

oh alright i guess i just tell them what i told you i mean i know so many people who get-pip like me they got married from Morocco and then they brought there spouse here to uk so it shouldn't be too hard ill just take my slips with me and then i tell them what is pip if they ask im abit nervous but i guess  just have to be strong

Just be honest and they'll be okay with it. Don't worry too much about it. It won't hurt to take it and translate it. But it would if you tell them and won't have proof of it when they ask.

Bank statements don't need to be translated.  Neither do paystubs.  The officials understand numbers just find.  A letter or affidavit regarding money however would need to be translated.

I was self employed.  I just photocopied my checks.  I also had a letter written about current and future income and had it translated. That's all I provided fir the financial proof.

Good morning

I am not trying to discourage you but PIP as an income is not enough to support you alone in the uk. According to home office requirement you need a minimum income of £18600 to be able to support your husband or wife in the uk. I will personally go back to your lawyer and challenge his advice to you. There is a lots of information about this online including government website.
This one example.
https://immigrationbarrister.co.uk/pers … ouse-visa/

I hope that this helps and good luck

hi thanks for your response,i have asked multiple lawyers on this and they said if im receiving pip  then i don't have to show this £18600 i just show few months of pip payments i know few people who have same situation as me and they got married in morocco now their wife is in uk. Although i receive universal credit also but they say two people need to have 700 pounds to live on here in uk.

Wishing you the best of luck. Just make sure you have all the correct informations before applying.
😊👍

@Shykco hi I was wondering if you are still active to contact?

Hello Sharon,

Welcome to expat.com!

@Shykco was last active a month ago but I hope she sees your message soon.

Could you please tell us what information you are looking for? Maybe other members will be able to help you1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Claiming pip allows you to become exempt from the immgration requirement of earning £18000 a year within the spousal visa application.  It is considered an income and one that holds exemption within most fanatical requirements.

@Shykco hi I have Been with my moroccon guy for over 3 years, unfortunately he is in morocco I am in the UK. He wants us to marry, and for us to live in morocco. Will we be able to marry with this be allowed. Would appreciate any advise

@Shykco hi I have been with a Moroccan guy for over 3 years, he lives in morocco and I am still in the UK, he wants us to marry, what are the laws in morocco, would we be able to marry I am British but will live in morocco. Any advice will help me a lot thank you very much

Perfect relationship!

3 years and still separate & living in 2 different countries! 

How much are you willing to give up to move to Morocco- religion, identity, living with his family, not having as much involvement in the grand scheme of everyday living, banking/money, children?

Very easy to get married- Islamic & Civil marriage-notarised by both courts Sharia & Uk and notarised by Moroccan consulate.

@lindamcwilliams0704

Perfect relationship!

3 years and still separate & living in 2 different countries! 

How much are you willing to give up to move to Morocco- religion, identity, living with his family, not having as much involvement in the grand scheme of everyday living, banking/money, children?

Very easy to get married- Islamic & Civil

@Muzzykhan

morocco police check ! Is it for both of us . I am British woman n partner is Moroccan. Do I need my cds in Uk ?

@magic2019

inam not born in Uk but British citizen. Do I still need to do my birth certificate !

@Vakil

hi i Hope you are well. I keep seeing your reply so I thought I ask a quick question. I am British woman and planning to marry Moroccan guy.

i will get my Acro legalised. However with regards to birth certificate !!!

i am British citizen but born in a different island. Do I need to get my birth certificate legalised ?

I look forward to hear from you

@Vakil

also i am

muslim do i need a religion certificate ??

@maali19 yes you do. You can get this from your local mosque

@Aisha23

Thank you for your reply n help

@Shykco  hi  my partner is moroccan and I,m British, we are thinking of getting married in Morocco this year. Once we,re married  can my husband travel to my home without a visa .?  I,d appreciate any help you can give me please .  Thank you for your time   pat x

Hi Guys,

So i am planning on marrying my morrocan fiance later on this year and would like some advice/help on the marriage process.

I have my appointment booked for the affidavit at the embassy in august. Do I need to visit anywhere else in rabat apart from this appointment?

I will be visiting in May, can i book the medical and police check before i get my affidavit or would i need to wait until i have them documents.

Also can anybody please recommend a good Adoul based in Agidir and translator.

Thanks

@pat771968 You answered the question yourself. Can he travel to a country where he is not allowed legally without visa? think 1f609.svg

@dwlaw324 onto that, you still need to prove you can maintain and accomodate your spouse without public funds.

@anum1 check the Rabat website  lots of new appointments have been released after Ramadan  (if you need an earlier appointment)

@npaisey Thanks, I managed to book an appointment on the 3rd of May, however they cancelled it and then i booked another one in 29th of April they cancelld as well not sure whats going on.

@Mo Nesta if you book more than one appointment then they will cancel. There is such high demand for appointments.

I registered twice to book an appointment one for Rabat and for Marakech however, i couldn't get any appointments in Marakech and i only booked Rabat.

@Mrmonk7663 is it not needed to apostille the job letter?