Work Permit for Dependent of Permanent Resident

Hi All,

My husband and I settled in Mauritius in 2007 on a self employment permit. In 2013 we were granted a 10 year permanent resident permit under the self employment conditions. My work has always been outside Mauritius and I have now been asked to do some consulting and training in Mauritius.

I hold a permanent resident permit as a dependent which was granted through the prime ministers office, not the BOI. Can anyone advise the best government department to contact to enquire if I am allowed to work or apply to do so.

Thanks.

Since you are into training, you would require registration with the MQA (Mauritius Qualifications Authority) . The MQA might most probably ask for a work / occupation permit. You need to contact the EDB and the Passport & Immigration Office.

Thanks Nadeem, I am already in the process of registering for the MQA, they require a resident or work permit.  When we were first granted permanent residency I was told working was ok but I have never done so and am not so sure that is correct. I will contact the offices you suggest. Thanks.

Unfortunately this is often the case. They tell you one thing but the opposite happens when you activate procedures. It is advisable to check and tell them you're doing it NOW...