Divorce Procedure in Morocco

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how you get divorced according to Moroccan law?  If I wrote a letter for my ex partner to take to the court stating that I agree with the divorce would that be sufficient?  I am currently living in the UK and travelling to Morocco may prove difficult thanks in advance

Hello I am going through the same thing. I want to divorce my husband who is living in Morocco, but I do not want to go back there. Did you find your answer?

Hello , its hard in this time to start a divorce specialy you from Denmark , i found this info in internet and translate it to you ,  i understand is that the presence is mandatory .

Divorce procedures :

When the couple decides to end the marital relationship between them, they must carry out divorce procedures either before the Moroccan courts or before the foreign courts in the country of residence, and in the event of obtaining a foreign ruling on divorce, it must be submitted to the competent court of first instance in Morocco and request to append it to the executive form.

Divorce before Moroccan courts:

A request for permission to divorce must be submitted by the court to testify in two upright courts, in the jurisdiction of the court in which the marital home is located or the wife's domicile or residence, or where the marriage contract is concluded in order.

Before authorizing divorce, the court must make a reconciliation attempt between the spouses if they come together in Morocco.  It can, when necessary, assign the nearest Moroccan consulate to their residence abroad to make this attempt.

The spouses invited to the consular interests for reform between them must be accompanied by the following documents:

1 / The consular registration card of the spouses or one of them.
2 / The Moroccan marriage contract.
3 / A copy of the national ID card or passport of the spouses.
4 / The residence card or any document bearing the residence address in the consular department of the couple or one of them.
5 / The Moroccan family book.
6 / Documents proving the marital status of the spouses, such as a wage certificate and income tax declaration ...
7 / Performing the consular fees.

Note: the presence of both spouses is mandatory .

According to Article 114 of the Family Code, spouses can agree to end the marital relationship between them by virtue of a customary or consensual contract.  The spouses, or one of them, applies for permission to document the divorce, together with the agreement between them, to the competent court in Morocco.

Divorce before foreign courts:

Judgments issued on divorce by foreign courts are not applied in Morocco unless they are appended in the executive form by the Moroccan Court of First Instance.

The required documents :
* Original marriage contract.
* An official copy of the ruling on divorce.
* The original notification or any document that replaces it.
* Certificate from the seizure writer at the relevant foreign court certifying that there is no subjection, appeal and cassation appeal.
* A copy of the national identity card or passport.
* Official translation of the judgment into Arabic by a sworn translator.

Note: The concerned person can assign a person in Morocco to do this procedure in Morocco, and he can also direct a request in this regard to the Ministry of Justice through the Directorate of Civil Affairs or through the Directorate of Consular and Social Affairs in the Ministry of Affairs.