MM2H: how long did it take for you?

cinnamonape wrote:

Penang Mm2H FB site seems to be indicating that applicants with numbers in the mid-37,000's who applied in June and July are currently receiving their letters. The most recent applicants have numbers in the 42000 range. That would indicate the backlog is about 5000 and the wait for those who were first caught up in the “reorganization” waited about 10 months before approval. Presumably there has been some processing for all that backlog and the Home Affairs Ministry have completed most of their security checks. Maybe the backlog will be reduced due to the more regular finalization meeting (once a week rather than once/month) so maybe 1000/month is reasonable. I'd watch carefully over the next month to see if the reach the 39*** range. If so , they may get back to a normal 3-4 month wait by September. If F they go slower then it may mean half year delays or more for the imminent future.

Is the committee's meeting once a month or once a week now?
Will the processing be slowed down in view of the commencement of the fasting month in the next 2 weeks?

Well they have a "special task force" to speed up the acceptances. If they intend to approve 1000 backed up applications a month then the better meet more than once a month.

Other wise the Task Force/Approval Committee will have to process >120 applications an hour in an 8 hour day. That's two/minute. Essentially that means no review or discussion of the actual particulars of the application. And they better have an army of secretaries hired to type up the Letters of Approval and input the acceptances into their computer. ANY shortage of staff or failure to hire additional trained staff will cause a choke-point, and it will slow everything down.

It's like an assembly line...one wants the optimum number of staff at each and every point on the line. Otherwise you have disaster. It's as bad as having too few staff at all points on the line.

Unless they established "parallel review" earlier (even before the "task force" was assigned. In that case the staff at MoTAC may have already established a "thumbs up" for the applications on all the other factors and just have to see if the application meets the security review. But if they have been doing THAT then why not tell the applicant that they haven't met the financial criteria...they don't need to send it on to the Home Ministry.

Presumably if all the committee is doing is rubber stamping the Home Ministry decision then any backup is being mainly generated by the Home Ministry (i.e. Immigration).

That seems to be the accurate assessment of the current situation. 
Hope Motac stays in its course aggressively so that the waiting is no more than three months making it more attractive to the current and future applicants.
Even one month processing time would be considered long enough with the technology we live in.
I must get used to this ‘slowness' if I decide to make a living in Malaysia...

The processing is not just the committee time as there are checks (verification) with financial institutions as well in some cases. Waiting for response adds to time taken. The committee can also ask for additional documentation.

Ramadan usually results in a slight slowdown in the civil service because working hours are shorter.

The Home Ministry just checks security aspects and approves the certificate of good conduct. They also do security checks for employment and other passes. Only approved cases would get to that stage.

Then it's back to Tourist ministry to arrange sending the letters out.

I don't know how unsuccessful applicants are notified

The future processing time has been announced at 120 working days but when that system begins has not been stated. So 4-5 months is the future aim but it will always on volumes as then processing will be slower. This is always the situation with immigration matters as there is a finite number of officers available.

I'm 58, retired.  Applied online and received confirmation from online system February 9, 2019.  We sent hard documents the following day via DHL courier.  Confirmation via DHL tracking of receipt at MTOC office a couple days later.

No further response from MTOC after automated online submission.  So on March 25, 2019 we sent an inquiry by email requesting a reference number.

On April 1, 2019 we received an email from an employee of MM2H stating they received our application on March 15, 2019.  The email requested additional financial information (a couple months additional statements) which we sent via DHL directly to the employee's attention (per their direction).  Confirmation by DHL of delivery to their offices received April 3, 2019. No reference number provided to us in the email response or since our last submission. 

The agent stated we could contact them at their email with further questions.  Realizing this is a long process we waited another 30 days before politely asking if they could provide insight.  As of this time, no further contact from MM2H.  As mentioned in earlier post we will take the "no news is good news" stance while we wait.

We continue to monitor via the "check status" link.  As we have no number we utilize name and passport number.  Each search has returned "not found" results in this online system. 

Is is encouraging to read that the process seems to be moving again.  Congratulations to those who have been approved and are moving to finalize their visas!

Thank you all for the information, news, and insights posted here.  Greatly appreciated.

Bounder - so is there a change in requirements or procedure from the 3 months bank statement required?

Gravitas wrote:

Bounder - so is there a change in requirements or procedure from the 3 months bank statement required?

No.  No change.  They found only two months in our package.  Error on our end it seems.   :unsure

Hi,

Just a quick check for those who just got their notification of approval,

In website: http://mm2honline.motac.gov.my/?q=application-status

Does the status changes?
Or Still indicates:
"Pending Committee Approval"?

The status is changed but unsure how long it takes for the update to be made.

People not using an agent only have that to indicate approval or the arrival of the conditional approval letter. Agents usually inform clients directly

Just checked, and my status is indeed still "Pending Committee Approval".

The special task force for Mm2h has been established more than a month, but it seem to me like nothing happen, didn't hear more approval after that, the approval is from January, before the special task force established. I wonder why .
Or anyone here know so far the approval reaches what range of ref ?  38xxx ? 39xxx? Or still 37xxx ?  🤔🤔

Our number is 370XX and we still have "Pending Committee Approval".

bounder wrote:

Confirmation by DHL of delivery to their offices received April 3, 2019. No reference number provided to us in the email response or since our last submission.

You can try calling them. Just don't call between 12 and 2PM. You can use Skype to call them if you are abroad.
Here are the numbers I have in my records:
+603-8891 7422
+603-8891 7417
+603-8891 7423
+603-8891 7451/7454
+603-8891 7115
+603-8891 7430

Expat000,
I read on this forum, approval granted till ref 375xx, maybe yours already approved and not updated in the system yet, do u try to call them to ask about your status.?

Calvin1977 wrote:

I read on this forum, approval granted till ref 375xx, maybe yours already approved and not updated in the system yet, do u try to call them to ask about your status.?

I will try to call and email next week.

If an MM2H applicant travels to KL on a 90 days tourist visa, and prior to expiration of the visa, he or she received the conditional approval letter. Assuming that this person completed all the formalities as stipulated in the conditional letter within the 90 days period, can this person continue to stay on in Malaysia, or he/she has to exit the country and returns again under the social pass visa, for a longer stay?
Any member care to comment or anyone had such similar experience?
Thanks!

Newbern wrote:

If an MM2H applicant travels to KL on a 90 days tourist visa, and prior to expiration of the visa, he or she received the conditional approval letter. Assuming that this person completed all the formalities as stipulated in the conditional letter within the 90 days period, can this person continue to stay on in Malaysia, or he/she has to exit the country and returns again under the social pass visa, for a longer stay?
Any member care to comment or anyone had such similar experience?
Thanks!

At the day you are getting MM2H stamp in your passport, your 90 days tourist visa should be still valid. You can't stay in Malaysia if your visa expired.

If your visa expired, you need to exit and come back through an airport border with a new tourist visa, which will be issued easily as soon as you show your approval letter.

If your visa already expired, you would need to pay a fee to the immigration and extend your visa first. You may even try doing this without exiting the country at the immigration at the main office in KL.

Calvin1977 wrote:

I just called to MM2H office (+603-8891 7430) . They don't know more than that our case is pending approval. They don't have our file. They recommend just to wait.

Thanks so much!  We tried several of these last week, but no answers.  I'll give it another go.  Greatly appreciated!

Hi Expat000,
I do not think your response reflects the scenario that I have posted but thank you all the same, for your input!
Other comments from members or VIPs,  are most welcome.

Newbern wrote:

Hi Expat000,
I do not think your response reflects the scenario that I have posted but thank you all the same, for your input!
Other comments from members or VIPs,  are most welcome.

Once your passport has the mm2h sticker in it you immediately hold a long-term social visit pass so are free to remain in Malaysia for as long as you want (subject only to the maximum validity date on the mm2h sticker).

Hi Gravitas,
Thank you for your swift input, much appreciated!

Firstly.  A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time and effort to post valuable information on the MM2H process. This forum has been a valuable source of information whereas other sources have not been so forthcoming.

Secondly. We received our conditional approval this morning dated 30 April 2019.
Application filed 2nd week July 2018
Number 376xx
Committee meeting 25/02/19
Meeting number 03/2019
We are UK nationals

There are new opening times announced today (7th May) on the government mm2h website in conjunction with Ramadan.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Centre would like to inform that the Operating Hours for our counters from 6th May 2019-6th June 2019 will be as
follows :-

MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME COUNTER

Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Lunch Break 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm

Friday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Lunch Break 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm

IMMIGRATION UNIT COUNTER

Monday – Thursday
(All Counters) 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Cashier) 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Lunch Break 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm

Friday
(All Counters) 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Cashier) 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Lunch Break 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm

Source
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/images/pdf/MM2H% … 5.2019.pdf

hugemct wrote:

Firstly.  A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time and effort to post valuable information on the MM2H process. This forum has been a valuable source of information whereas other sources have not been so forthcoming.

Secondly. We received our conditional approval this morning dated 30 April 2019.
Application filed 2nd week July 2018
Number 376xx
Committee meeting 25/02/19
Meeting number 03/2019

Hi, I got the MCAL from my agent dated Apr 30 with ref. No. 380xx applied in earlier Aug 2018. Other date info are the same as above.

Thank you all.

---

Hi guys, some questions about the final procedure:

1. For the security bond form, who will be the witness? Should it be Applicant's spouse or the staff at Inland Revenue Board?
2. On the date that we submit everything at MM2H counter, does dependents also need to be present at the counter, or only the applicant being present is ok? we dont want to bring the kids with us and waiting there is disaster...

Great thanks!

1. The tax counter at LHDN will not act as witness. You need to find a resident who can be an Expat or a Malaysian.

2. Everyone has to attend for the stamping. Once registered you can go outside until your number is called. The only issue is there may be a limited number of slots for processing so get there very early. This might be worth checking out to see if there is any reservation system.

Hello Gravitas
a) For the security bond form to be stamped at LHDN, need I bring the witness with me to LHDN, or is it good enough if I ask the witness (Malaysian) to just sign on the form, and then I submit to LHDN for stamping without him?

b) Once one has obtained the approval letter (alongside with stamped security form, medical report and purchased insurance), can one just get down to the MM2h office at Putrajaya on a separate day and get the MM2H stamp done on the passport all within the same day?

Gravitas wrote:

1. The tax counter at LHDN will not act as witness. You need to find a resident who can be an Expat or a Malaysian.

2. Everyone has to attend for the stamping. Once registered you can go outside until your number is called. The only issue is there may be a limited number of slots for processing so get there very early. This might be worth checking out to see if there is any reservation system.

Thanks Gravitas! 
For stamping,  as I don't have any Malaysian friends,  and the main applicant is my husband,  can I (as the spouse)  to be witness?  If not, i dont know how could anyone apply mm2h directly can get someone in Malaysia to be the witness. :(

You could ask the bank where you set up your FD or the physician who does the medicals for the family, Airbnb owner etc.  It is probably a local address that is required to fill up the Bond Form but you could Email to check or ring the Immigration Counter.

There are "Guidelines for mm2h Program" instructions sent with the conditional approval letter. They don't mention the witness but requirements are on the form

I got mine signed by the Australian MD of a local company and she happened to use their company stamp but it wasn't a requirement

The witness just fills out the form section and signs it. They don't have to go to immigration.

The latest I heard was the passports and payment may be made one day and collection the next if arriving later in the day. But I guess it depends on latest arrangements for dealing with too many applicants arriving on a single day hence my suggestion to ring and check if there is an online booking system now as there is for some immigration offices (probably agents book in rather than walk-in) .

Hi Guys,  I just received reply from mm2h office:

For the security bond form, who will be the witness? Should it be Applicant's spouse or the staff at Inland Revenue Board?

Anybody can be the witness. Security Bond is to be paid after the applicant have been approved for this programme.

On the date that we submit everything at MM2H counter, does dependents also need to be present at the counter, or only the applicant being present is ok?

Only the main applicant.

Hope it helps for those who are processing as well!

I received email from mm2h office saying that they want my latest letter of good conduct, because mine was more that a year old.  I am American, can I get it at US embassy in KL ? Or what should I do? Because I am currently in kL. need help for this issue

Hi all,

Seek adVise,

Which bank offers the best interest rates to open the fixed deposit for mm2h?

Which bank did you choose to place your funds ?

On Tuesday this week the OPR was reduced. How individual banks react is uncertain. So far I've only seen Maybank  announce a minimal 25 point reduction but probably other banks have done the same or greater reductions. Spot check with HSBC to compare. l will post if I see any other announcements

Calvin1977 wrote:

I received email from mm2h office saying that they want my latest letter of good conduct, because mine was more that a year old.  I am American, can I get it at US embassy in KL ? Or what should I do? Because I am currently in kL. need help for this issue

Expedited FBI criminal history record can be received through
http://www.myfbireport.com/order.php
in one week.

Steps:

1) Order the forms from them via an email. There will be also a fingerprint form FD-258 there.

2) Print out this fingerprint form (3 copies) on white letter size paper and go to
Royal Police Headquarters (Ibu Pejabat Polis Diraja) in the morning.
Address:
Jalan Bukit Aman, Tasik Perdana, 50560 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- It is several minutes away from the Bird Park, which is the largest free range bird park in the world. You may be happy to visit it afterwards.
Call the Police Headquarters first at 03-2266 2222 (operator number) to double-check on the day they are available for fingerprinting.
- Bring your passport and also another photo ID like DL. They will take one photo ID at the guard house and they will give you a number and a police car will bring you to the doors of a building where the fingerprinting office is located.
- At the fingeprinting office, they will require your passport and pages of a fingerprint form FD-258. It is very important to print out 3 copies of this form, because they usually screw up the first copy and you need to send out two best copies.

IMPORTANT for the FD-258 form:
a) Put the DATE on the form as it is accustomed in the USA: MM-DD-YY. Don't leave it for an officer to fill out, because they will fill it as DD-MM-YY and then you can't correct it.
b) REASON FINGERPRINTED: foreign residence

3) Courier your completed forms and fingerprints to:
National Credit Reporting
ATTN: FBI Consumer Report Request
6830 Via Del Oro, Suite 105
San Jose, CA 95119

I suggest using DHL, it is a little cheaper than FedEx and much more reliable.  I would stay away from Fedex as much as possible. They have absolutely bad customer service and can loose your package.

4) IMPORTANT:
National Credit Reporting will mail your FBI reports only to your name and only to a residential address which you will provide. They will not mail it to a PO Box or to a different name. They do not ship over-seas. So plan accordingly.

You can get it all done within 3 weeks.
It is not required to get an Apostille for your FBI report. You certainly know this already.

Expat000,
Thanks for your info , I called Mm2h office this morning and they told me embassy could do it and they (Mm2h) accept it.

I will try to do it at US embassy on Monday and see whether they could /willing to issue me the LOGC or not.., 🤞🤞🤞

Calvin1977 wrote:

Expat000,
Thanks for your info , I called Mm2h office this morning and they told me embassy could do it and they (Mm2h) accept it.

I will try to do it at US embassy on Monday and see whether they could /willing to issue me the LOGC or not..,

MM2H office may not know much about this.

The US Embassy encourages to email for the quickest and most complete reply.
[email protected]

You can't get an FBI record without fingerprinting again. Do they do fingerprinting? How soon can you get your FBI report back if they can request it for you?
You still need to fill out their forms:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ident … ary-checks

As I know, if to apply for an FBI record through the government, it will take more than 6 months to receive a report back. It took 7 months for us.

This is why we also used an FBI-Approved Channeler.  You can read about this in Option 3 here:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ident … ary-checks

Gravitas wrote:

On Tuesday this week the OPR was reduced. How individual banks react is uncertain. So far I've only seen Maybank  announce a minimal 25 point reduction but probably other banks have done the same or greater reductions. Spot check with HSBC to compare. l will post if I see any other announcements

From 15 May CIMB will also follow suit

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/bus … Y76JJAs.99

My agent do the visa stamping for me directly so I don't need to go to Immigration Department.