Residency Pass-Talent

Hi,

Anyone who has applied for residency pass talent? Can you give me some info pls

Hi,
I applied for RP-T. You can simple go to their website and fill the form. Attach all the documents as it can be only applied through online.

myxpats.com.my/rpt/

Once you fill your details and submit with the fee(RM 300), you need to wait for around 1 month or so to get the status of your pass.

Thanks,
Pawan

You need to have worked for at least 3 years, earn a minimum of 15,000 a month, hold a Masters degree and a few other requirements.  If you create an account on the RP-T website, they have an online chat and are really quick to reply to any questions.https://rpt.talentcorp.com.my/

Mostly applicants are being rejected now unless their earnings significantly exceed 15k per month regardless of the minimum stated. Also length of time working here needs to be longer term and not just the minimum. Information Technology is oversubscribed. It is reported on this forum a few days ago

What people overlooked is the whole rationale behind the programme which is to retain talent beneficial to the economic development of Malaysia.

It's not a perk for staying in Malaysia regardless and people already holding the RPT visa are struggling to find employment these days as the government discourages foreign labour

The benefit to the employer was they didn't have to use their quota to hire RPT holders. Now they are struggling to get jobs designated for non-Malaysians in general

Mine Residency pass got unsucessfull  even all requirements meets. No reason mention is communication, Can any one advise what next step can follow or is there any cooling period before submit application again

Hi I'm a RP holder since 2011 when I was part of the first group approved.  Happy to answer any questions you may have

Yes, might old RPT no issue, but new RPT application are hold either or rejected.

Do we have any new guideline for new RPT application once its unsuccessful.
Thanks

Hi - the only suggestion I can make is to check out their Talentcorp website to see if there is an appeal process, form you can complete or contact number to call them and ask.  If you in MY you can make an appointment to see them

we agree with you , just on applying part.
but main question is this , that after applying how to get approved as well, even all the requirements are fulfilled?
welcome to Malaysia :D

Hi - if the requirements are met, then you will receive a letter to state that you can proceed with getting the visa added to your passport and issued with a Resident Pass.  In terms of approvals though, its up to immigration and Talent Corp to approve if you have met the requirements.  The other issue may be that as with MM2H everything seems to be suspended until the end of the year based on reviewing the process.  It may also be tied up with the issues around COVID-19 as well.
I'd give Talent Corp a call or arrange an appointment to find out what the issues are?

Hello All,
Question on the basic salary - how exactly is the basic salary calculated.

Typically Salary is broken down into

Yearly Salary = Fixed  component + Variable Component  (paid Quarterly as per individual and company performance)

And, Fixed Salary =Basic + HOUSE RENT

so in such case we should look at the "Fixed Salary" or just the "Basic" component of the salary for the eligibility?

they are concern about total salary.

Understand that for applying the RPT pass, one need to have recommendation letter from reputed person e.g. Dato, Dato'Sri etc. If someone has experienced it, can you please share the draft letter.

Does the salary need to be 15k for 3 years or can i apply when it turns 15?

Hira Kh wrote:

Does the salary need to be 15k for 3 years or can i apply when it turns 15?

When it turns 15k. However, in practice it needs to be much higher than that. Ppl are getting rejections only these days. They are not providing any explanations for that too.

@Turok Hi Turok... I was a holder for RPT since 2017 and it was granted me a pass for a 5 years and to be renewed .. today my renewal was rejected due to I am out of country and didn't have a tax declaration for the past 2 years which I am out of Malaysia.

anyone have the same situation or any one know if there is appeal for this rejection ?

@mmostafa1eg

pls appeal. happy to assist. cheers.

@mmostafa1eg @mmostafa1eg I was in a somewhat similar situation. I was due for renewal, but due to the missing tax filing for the previous year, I was told to submit a letter of explanation to immigration. While I prepared the said letter, I simultaneously also submitted the missing tax filing. I then provided the updated tax docs to TalentCorp. However, my renewal application was still rejected, even though my declared income was way above the RM 15K threshold. I then submitted an appeal, which was also rejected. I was then told to apply again after a few months. After waiting for a few months, I applied again with a brand new application, and I used the exact same docs that I submitted at the time of the renewal. Fortunately, my new application was approved. Lots of hassle for no reason, and a waste of time and money. But I am happy and grateful to TalentCorp for finally approving my RP-T again. 1f920.svg

@professor51

Wow Amazing. Glad it works for ya !

@Hira Kh Needs to be minimum RM 15K for three years. I applied in the year when my salary went up to 15K, but my application was rejected. The reason given was that my salary in the previous years was under 15K. I applied again when I had paid taxes for two years on a salary of RM 15K and a current salary of RM 18K. This application was approved.

@expat0102 Just the basic component of the salary. Housing allowance won't be considered.

@itsamitmittal Hi Amit, Did You manage to get RPT ? How about the recommendation letter, Does it have weightage based on the person's title? Thanks

@Nirmalka These are the mandatory requirements for the recommendation letter/testimonial.

• It should be an official support letter (testimonial) from your employer to support your RP-T application.
  • It should be transcribed on the company's letterhead and should have the company's official stamp on it.
  • It needs to come from / be signed by someone at Director level and above.

Here's a sample letter from TalentCorp's website: rpt.talentcorp.com.my/clients/RPT_Talentcorp_C951BD50-801E-479A-870F-8B3899B5B6D9/contentms/img/doc/testimonial.pdf

You may also submit other recommendation letters as a supplement, but this is not required.

@professor51 thanks much for your response. Noted.  I'm bit worried about the 15k threshold , recently only I crossed 15k and only one tax return with that salary out of 3.  Also if a application gets rejected will we get refund of 300 RM , applies for dependent too?

@Nirmalka The application fee is non-refundable and this includes the fee for dependents as well. My suggestion would be to apply for yourself first, and if approved, proceed with applying for your dependents. If your salary only recently went over RM 15K, then I would suggest waiting for a year before applying. You basically need two tax returns and you already have one, which I am assuming is for 2022. Next year you'll have the second one, so you can apply right after filing taxes next year.

@professor51 well noted. thank you1f60a.svg

Hi All,

My salary is 15k since last march but my total annual income is less than 180,000 in EBE will it be a problem if I apply now ?

Thanks

@ExpShuw You two e-BE forms, each showing at least RM 180K income. Considering that your previous e-BE form is less than 180,000, I am assuming that the same would be the case for year 2021 as well. I highly doubt that your application will be approved if you apply now.

@professor51 my 2 friend has applied just after 3 months there salary reached to 15k and it was approved I think depends on case to case.

@ExpShuw I guess then you can give it a shot. No harm in applying either way. You just lose a bit of money. :)

@professor51 @Expshuw ,

Does it depends on the industry the person is working and skills in demand and the strong testimonials docs ?

@Nirmalka The following industries are mentioned on the RP-T website:

"Over the years, the RP-T has approved talented and highly skilled applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience, including: Oil, Gas and Energy (OGE); Information and Communication Technology (ICT); Financial Services; Education; and Business Services."

This suggests that other critical industries may also be eligible. The company testimonial is important too and should accurately describe your impact on the company and the Malaysian economy.

@Turok have you renewed? How was your experience for the renewal? Thanks.

Has anybody gone for RPT renewal after five years? Has it ever happened that due to immigration backlog, the outcome of the RPT renewal application is only given after the validly of the current pass? If the first outcome is rejected, can the applicant still appeal while holding a special pass? Thanks!

Hello, Can anyone share the timelines from once talent pass is approved in the system to get the sticker on the passport? Ie, the stage 2 timelines including endorsement.

Thanks much in advance.

Hi everyone

One of my colleagues in my organisation got the RPT pass although his salary was not 15K. Are they particular about the 15K ceiling or do they go case by case ?

Can anyone explain to me about this ?

@pawansoftit

Will it alright to apply for this visa even if the salary is not 15K ? Pl advise

@professor51 Hi There. I am also in the same situation. I am 7 years in and need to extend (RENEW).

I have to back pay my tax return for 2022 and then write a letter because my Business was affected during covid and was not able to make the tax return.

So did you cancel your Talent pass and then did a whole new application? And you were able to get that through based on the requirements?