MM2H: how long did it take for you?

I did my thorough research on which docs were needed, as well as Bank statements, etc etc per my Agent requests. I was never asked for a single extra doc through all the vetting process until final approval. Main docs were the Letter of Good Conduct and the financial statements as required (All duly translated per Official Translator Office at my end and later Apostilled).  Good luck with your submission !

Obaydullah wrote:

Many thanks, topazar, for the reply. Another query: Were you asked by MM2H to send them additional documents or you sent them unsolicited documents while your application was under the "Received for Verification" stage? What type of documents were they? Many thanks.

So, you applied through an agent. That was good, and you said that it took nine months for you to receive your approval. However, I am also interested in what happened with those who lodged Direct Applications and ultimately got approval. Thanks.

Rather than applying through an Agent or on a Do it myself basis, which you will find advocates for both procedures in this topic depending on the applicant situation , I believe my 9 months were extended as a consequence of the Change of Government and therefore all the Internal Vetting that took place after that. Besides each origin country of the applicants,as far as I could read here, has different ways to apply for the docs as requested
I'd say that now when all procedures and new ppl are in place, this time frame should be reduced accordingly. Good luck then !

Obaydullah wrote:

So, you applied through an agent. That was good, and you said that it took nine months for you to receive your approval. However, I am also interested in what happened with those who lodged Direct Applications and ultimately got approval. Thanks.

bounder wrote:
bounder wrote:

I'm 58, retired.  Applied online and received confirmation from online system February 9, 2019.  We sent hard documents the following day via DHL courier.  Confirmation via DHL tracking of receipt at MTOC office a couple days later.

No further response from MTOC after automated online submission.  So on March 25, 2019 we sent an inquiry by email requesting a reference number.

On April 1, 2019 we received an email from an employee of MM2H stating they received our application on March 15, 2019.  The email requested additional financial information (a couple months additional statements) which we sent via DHL directly to the employee's attention (per their direction).  Confirmation by DHL of delivery to their offices received April 3, 2019. No reference number provided to us in the email response or since our last submission. 

The agent stated we could contact them at their email with further questions.  Realizing this is a long process we waited another 30 days before politely asking if they could provide insight.  As of this time, no further contact from MM2H.  As mentioned in earlier post we will take the "no news is good news" stance while we wait.

We continue to monitor via the "check status" link.  As we have no number we utilize name and passport number.  Each search has returned "not found" results in this online system. 

Is is encouraging to read that the process seems to be moving again.  Congratulations to those who have been approved and are moving to finalize their visas!

Thank you all for the information, news, and insights posted here.  Greatly appreciated.

Today, 15 May 2019, received email notification with REFERENCE NUMBER from MM2H Center, Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.  Our number is in the 42,000's.

We also received a separate email from the Officer on Duty handling our application (responding to my direct email to her requesting status) providing the same information and that alluded to the backlog of applications and processing time:

"Currently, we are receiving a lot of applications that might affected our processing time."

More details as they develop. Thanks.

UPDATE - About a week ago our application status moved to PENDING COMMITTEE APPROVAL.

Glad to know that your application status is now 'Pending Committee Approval', moving towards final Approval. By the way, do you have any experience that the concerned MM2H officer accepts any statement or document by email? Thanks.

Obaydullah wrote:

Glad to know that your application status is now 'Pending Committee Approval', moving towards final Approval. By the way, do you have any experience that the concerned MM2H officer accepts any statement or document by email? Thanks.

No.  Sorry.  Per application instructions we only provided original or certified copies of documents via mail.

Hi Gravitas,

Do you know of any clinic that is open 24 hours or until late -- I intend to reach KL late in the evening and if possible would like to get the medical check-up done in the late evening before heading to MM2H office in the morning. Thanks a lot in advance.

KKfatsister wrote:

fyi, i have already got the visa stamped....but the mm2h portal still shows "Pending Committee Approval" for our case this morning, hahahaha. So i dont think there is any update on the portal. Now sure if others have the same situation.

KKfatsister- when did you apply?  I'm have the same situation-- still seeing Pending Committee Approval for a long time.  Just curious what month they're up to in the backlog.  Thanks!

Hello,

It was just announced last week that the backlog of 2018 has been cleared and currently they are working on 2019 applications up to March 2019 of this year. This was confirmed by MOTAC and you can follow the link below for the news. I have included the link with spaces in between as I don't think the forum lets you post links.

www . movetomalaysia . co . uk /post/90-percent-of-3700-mm2h-applications-processed

Mine was filed about the 1st week of January it still says pending committee approval.
408xx
;)

Thanks, Shobanjraveen, for the update!  I am in the 41XXX range, so maybe I am on target to hear by year's end which would fit our travel plans perfectly if we have 6 months max after notification to finish up the process.

I applied like Jun 2018, and got the letter in late Apr 2019. Seems nobody is updating the portal at all.

KKfatsister wrote:

I applied like Jun 2018, and got the letter in late Apr 2019. Seems nobody is updating the portal at all.

Yes, unfortunately the government website/portal is practically useless...and the phones aren't even picked up.

They claim you can do the application yourselves, which is true, but the amount of hassle and inefficiencies, it is better to go through a good agent if you aren't in the country physically. 

movetomalaysia .co . uk has the most updated policies on their site.

Actually there are several things on that website that are quite out of date.

For example, on is no longer exempted on duty from the importation of a vehicle, and one cannot convert your Drivers License. In all practicality one cannot work, even part-time, on a MM2H visa, either. Housing floors for MM2H recipients are set by the States, and they vary considerably.

The mm2h.gov.my site is much better, if one refers and reviews the "Announcements" section.

Aren't MM2H allowed to work part-time 20 hours??

That's why I said "in all practicality".

A few years ago it was more common but immigration has clamped down. Ask around and see if anyone recently has gotten a PT job.

The process of gaining permission is quite onerous, involving multiple layers of permission, publication of the job in a local Newspaper, proof that one has fairly evaluated local Malaysian applicants, etc. The application process is even more complex than the MM2H process, and requires "committee approval".   That deters both the applicant and the employer. Many schools and universities will simply post for a FT professor with a PhD.

The job-seeker must demonstrate that they have an essential skill that could not be performed by a Malaysian. That might be something like speaking an odd language (Mongolian vs. Mandarin) fluently, or having technical skills or business contacts in an industry abroad.

They may even expect one to withdraw from the MM2H program and apply for an Employment Visa.

My application number is 392xx.  I received an email confirmation from them back in Oct 2018.  I saw a post form shobanjraveen.  Does this mean mine got approved and I missed the notification?  I did it myself and not using an agent. 
DId anyone else get their approval with > 392xx? 
Who should I contact?
Thank you.

my number is 396xx and my agent informed me it should be reviewed in the next meeting or the one after, which should be this week and then 3 weeks from now, will keep you updated.

Please let me know since I am wondering if they have done mine.  Thank you so much.

I applied late November directly. My application number is 399xx and still waiting. I also called the banks and they said they didn't receive any letter from MM2H for account confirmation. If anything new happens, I will inform you all.

I have heard of cases where the government requests further documentation after an applicant has submitted documents, increasing delays.

Always worth the money to get a good agent that vets all documents first prior to submission. Little things like a document not notarised properly or the wrong colour passport photo will increase delays.

Have you checked your status on the government web portal?

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/app … ion-status

The portal is never updated, there are cases that have already been approved and it still says pending committee approval lol, bloody useless

Mine still says "Pending Committee Approval".  I am just curious if anyone have had their approval with number > 392xxx.
Thanks again.

I have gotten an email from mm2h (Motac) last month informing me that my application has been approved.  I applied without an agent in Oct 2018.
My ref number is 392XX.
I am still waiting for them to send me the MCAL.  I am not sure if they would, or maybe they expect self-applicant to collect the MCAL at KL ourselves.  Can anyone comment?

iinedwin wrote:

Mine still says "Pending Committee Approval".  I am just curious if anyone have had their approval with number > 392xxx.
Thanks again.

If I may ask, what nationality are you of?

Brandonn wrote:
iinedwin wrote:

Thanks again.

If I may ask, what nationality are you of?

We are US citizen.  What about yourself?

Brandonn wrote:

I have gotten an email from mm2h (Motac) last month informing me that my application has been approved.  I applied without an agent in Oct 2018.
My ref number is 392XX.
I am still waiting for them to send me the MCAL.  I am not sure if they would, or maybe they expect self-applicant to collect the MCAL at KL ourselves.  Can anyone comment?

It is about the same time when I submitted mine.  I wonder why I did not get any email.  Could you please tell me who sent you the email notification?  I am hoping it did not go to my spam.
Brandonn, could you please contact me directly?  Maybe we can work on this matter together and see if we can share information to each other.
Thank you

Brandonn wrote:

My ref number is 392XX.

Yes, self collect. Agents go and collect the letters themselves on behalf of applicant. So if you self apply you are expected to collect. And the government staff don't bother to explain this clearly. This is why the agent system is the best way to do this, esp if you are not in the country.

We had applied in end of November 2018 with number 401xx and today we got the approval letter. It was approved in the meeting of 20-04-2019.

The official time frame for approval (or decline) is 90 days after submission. However the MM2H department is currently facing a serious backlog and it is taking much longer.

We had applied in end of November 2018 with number 401xx and today we got the approval letter. It was approved in the meeting of 20-04-2019.

Did you use an agent or apply directly? thanks

Great news! Yes things are speeding up

Can I get to know all the requirements to qualify for the mm2h program when it was first introduced, as I understand, in 2002 ? Many thanks.

Obaydullah wrote:

Can I get to know all the requirements to qualify for the mm2h program when it was first introduced, as I understand, in 2002 ? Many thanks.

I don't think anyone will have the old requirements. If you want the latest most up to date message me I have the brochure

We applied with an agent.

Actually I do...but one has to use the "Way Back" Machine ;-)

http://www.lawyerment.com.my/library/do … programme/

It's actually quite close to the current Sarawak Program.

Thank you indeed for the historical records, cinnamonape.

Bulgarin wrote:

DId you receive an email or the actual letter for your approval letter?
May I know who was the sender?

Thank you

My agent collected and sent me today. It is from Director of Immigration.