MM2H: how long did it take for you?

I choose HSBC Bank due to easy online money transfer with interest rate 3.15 annually.

akwkrk wrote:

My agent do the visa stamping for me directly so I don't need to go to Immigration Department.

Is your agent in kl or pg?

Kuala Lumpur.

bounder wrote:

I'm 58, retired.  Applied online and received confirmation from online system February 9, 2019.  We sent hard documents the following day via DHL courier.  Confirmation via DHL tracking of receipt at MTOC office a couple days later.

No further response from MTOC after automated online submission.  So on March 25, 2019 we sent an inquiry by email requesting a reference number.

On April 1, 2019 we received an email from an employee of MM2H stating they received our application on March 15, 2019.  The email requested additional financial information (a couple months additional statements) which we sent via DHL directly to the employee's attention (per their direction).  Confirmation by DHL of delivery to their offices received April 3, 2019. No reference number provided to us in the email response or since our last submission. 

The agent stated we could contact them at their email with further questions.  Realizing this is a long process we waited another 30 days before politely asking if they could provide insight.  As of this time, no further contact from MM2H.  As mentioned in earlier post we will take the "no news is good news" stance while we wait.

We continue to monitor via the "check status" link.  As we have no number we utilize name and passport number.  Each search has returned "not found" results in this online system. 

Is is encouraging to read that the process seems to be moving again.  Congratulations to those who have been approved and are moving to finalize their visas!

Thank you all for the information, news, and insights posted here.  Greatly appreciated.

Today, 15 May 2019, received email notification with REFERENCE NUMBER from MM2H Center, Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.  Our number is in the 42,000's.

We also received a separate email from the Officer on Duty handling our application (responding to my direct email to her requesting status) providing the same information and that alluded to the backlog of applications and processing time:

"Currently, we are receiving a lot of applications that might affected our processing time."

More details as they develop. Thanks.

I heard today that 2018 applications are expected to be all processed by end of September 2019......!!!

So yes still a huge backlog

Gravitas wrote:

I heard today that 2018 applications are expected to be all processed by end of September 2019......!!!

So yes still a huge backlog

Even if that is so, they will still need to clear by batches.
Any idea how many applications they can 'digest' and issue approvals every month?

To know that we would need to understand how many 2018 applications are still outstanding. Minus unsuccessful applications. Divided by the unknown number of Committee meetings between now and end of September.

Plus it is Ramadan so shorter working hours if not cessation of Committee meetings altogether and processing through the Home Ministry equally depleted. Then Adilfitri throughout June which is also a slow time in the Malaysian bureaucracy. In short, impossible to say.

The equally scary thing seems to be the Committee meeting references mentioned by others here refer to January and February only. Examples below

hugemct wrote:

Secondly. We received our conditional approval this morning (7th May) dated 30 April 2019.
Application filed 2nd week July 2018
Number 376xx
Committee meeting 25/02/19
Meeting number 03/2019
We are UK nationals

ngmh wrote:

Hi, I got the MCAL from my agent dated Apr 30 with ref. No. 380xx applied in earlier Aug 2018. Other date info are the same as above.

Thank you all.

lalalagamy wrote:

My status is  "pending committee approval" too.
I submitted MM2H 2018 June.
#371XX

My approval letter has been dispatched in 12/4/2019.
And my agent e-mailed me yesterday.

In my approval letter, my MM2H has been approved by the MM2H special committee  NO 01/2019 dated 15/01/2019.

Hi so do I , received approval yesterday , was applying June 2018 . Number 370xx

Falling FD rates

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/bus … myr12Ik.99

Did you receive your approval yet? It is almost 11 months

Hi everyone.

So far best Fixed Deposit rates for 5 years, RM300000 i managed to find is hsbc 3.9%
Anyone found any better rate?

Medical insurance,
Any recommendation?

i use Progressive Insurance, family of 4, annual premium around MYR1,780

KKfatsister wrote:

i use Progressive Insurance, family of 4, annual premium around MYR1,780

What insurance did you buy (for the MM2H)?

How did you purchase the insurance? Can it be done online, or do u have an agent to do it for you? Care to intro?

Thanks.

Can do it online and pay online or by cash at counter.  You can send an email to them,  and they will have an agent to follow up with you. 

Just tell them you want a package for mm2h,  and I purchase the one for lowest price.

I am going to pick up the policy acceptance letter at counter and pay with Cash.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, has anyone had any further update on approvals. My number is in the 39000's

As of four days ago it was at 37912. A month ago it was 37427. So they processed 500 applications over that month (the special committee to speed up the process had already been put in place and working for over 1 month). So it looks like they are processing about 500/month.

That would mean that they won't reach the 39000's until July/August.

Supposedly the backup has reached about 5000. So it will be about 10 months at the current rate from submission to notification of acceptance. My understanding is that new applications are put at the end of the queue.

Unless they add extra staff or liberalize or restructure the approval process (e.g. daily approval meetings) this sounds like the new normal.

Thanks for the update, cinnamonape!  At 41xxx, I probably won't hear until end of the year or early next year.  More working and saving for me....

VWC wrote:

Thanks for the update, cinnamonape!  At 41xxx, I probably won't hear until end of the year or early next year.  More working and saving for me....

I'm 40xxx and will post when I hear something on my one.

Thanks for the updates cinnamonape

Thank's all. It will be interesting if the Special Committee actually are able to speed things up...but the only way to know is to get reports from you out there with your submission date. Hopefully the Committee will actually get its legs underneath it, perhaps meet more often as they see the task ahead, and develop some internal procedures to speed things up.
Otherwise the long waits will become standard. They need to actually process the backlog at a faster pace than new submissions. Otherwise it will make approval waits 10 months in perpetuity. Of course, there may be fewer and fewer applicants  down the road due to the wait.

I'm also wondering if there has been a drop off in people actually carrying through with their applications. Likely this would impact the independent applicants more than those that have invested in agent fees.

Update.  Checked online.  Status is RECEIVED FOR VERIFICATION.  Any insight as to what this means is appreciated.  My reference number is in the 42,000s.

Yes, they have received your application.

Geez, no wonder we got a backlog.... :):):)https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ … on-nation/

My reference 409xx, received email from Mm2h office last week asking and confirm about my permanent address and also asking me to scan the latest tourist visa stamp fr malaysia, because I telling them I am on tourist visa and now in malaysia. At least I know they are moving on, I hope.....

Hmmm? Wouldn't they have your latest visa stamp? The have all your passport pages copied, no?

And I've never heard of them asking you for a recent stamp and if you were still in the country.

I'm wondering if the are going to hit you with a Journey Performed fee when you are approved?
You might want to indicate that you will apply for a Single Entry Visa from outside Malaysia when you receive confirmation of approval.

cinnamonape wrote:

Hmmm? Wouldn't they have your latest visa stamp? The have all your passport pages copied, no?

And I've never heard of them asking you for a recent stamp and if you were still in the country.

I'm wondering if the are going to hit you with a Journey Performed fee when you are approved?
You might want to indicate that you will apply for a Single Entry Visa from outside Malaysia when you receive confirmation of approval.

Because when I submitted my all passport pages, the last entry visa expired end Of April, they just wanna to confirm the permanent address I submitted in the application form, and she said just to proof and evidence  that I am still in the country.

Why do they need to know that you are still in the country? Do they intend to check for the full time that you are under review? Every three months or so. So determine that you are staying "permanently" in Malaysia on the wrong pass? And  visa-hopping?

I've never heard of them doing this before. Just suspicious.

cinnamonape wrote:

Why do they need to know that you are still in the country? Do they intend to check for the full time that you are under review? Every three months or so. So determine that you are staying "permanently" in Malaysia on the wrong pass? And  visa-hopping?

I've never heard of them doing this before. Just suspicious.

Because I put my permanent address in Malaysia. I had been in and out every 85 days since 2011..... every time I out of country for about 4 or 5 days then back in to Malaysia.

But just renew new passport last year, then decided to apply Mm2h....

They have the right to check everything they want, there are no specific procedures nor they made known to you and me and everyone how they process the application . I even heard from someone that they ask him how he going to open account account and do the medical checkups, and so on.

Well, to me, if they don't want to approve my application, let it be, I will still continue live as tourists in Malaysia, or Thailand is very easy to get a yearly visa too.. no problem,

Most importantly I knew they are reviewing my application right now, And so that those in 40xxx knew they or might under review...

Hi lplplp, did you placed your FD...can you advise which bank/branch did you used, whats the tenor/period of FD  and whats the interest rate. Thanks.

I know many friends who has been waiting as well. But in the mean time I also found this site that https://ohmyhome.com.my/ where you can speak to real owners and if you find a good buy, you can actually connect with them directly without needing to go through any agents. It's been such a pleasant experience!

The great interest rates have cooled somewhat over the last few months but these will be useful tools to find the best rates.

https://loanstreet.com.my/learning-cent … sit-promoshttps://ringgitplus.com/en/fixed-deposit/

MM2H Fixed Deposits must be placed for ten years. If you want to use the interest make sure you set up a separate savings account for the interest.

Of course, you can apply for allowable withdrawals (children's education, health care, property purchase), or pull the full sum out if you decide to leave the program. Make sure you notify/apply for these as you'll need a letter for any withdrawal before the visa terminates.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/app … quirementshttp://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/lis … ed-deposithttp://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/app … ticipation

Hello, can anybody please update if they have opened the fixed deposit recently -- whats the interest rate, tenor and which bank/branch. Thanks a lot in advance.

KKfatsister wrote:

On the date that we submit everything at MM2H counter, does dependents also need to be present at the counter, or only the applicant being present is ok?

Only the main applicant.

Hope it helps for those who are processing as well!

I got the approval letter and now I have similar question which I have sent to MM2H office to clarify but no response so far.

My family (my wife and 2 kids) will go to penang for site visit in July. I will take this opportunity to get the insurance policy, medical reports, FD proof etc in Penang.

After the trip, we will leave Malaysia. I plan to go to KL again in September by myself to submit everything at MM2H counter. Given all the related documents are ready (myself and my dependents), do my wife and the kids need to fly to KL in order to get the pass?

Thank you.

Dear All
Need an advice.  I have just received an email from MM2H informing me that my application is successful; and I need to go collect the letter of approval from the Putrajaya office.

Knowing that I will also need to get the medical report/FD done up (requiring the approval letter), I then called Putrajaya if they could send me the approval letter first by mail.  The officer told me to go to Putrajaya first to collect the approval letter before proceeding to use the letter for medical check-up/opening FD account.  When all these are done, I will then go to Putrajaya (again for the 2nd time) for the stamp.

Just want to ask to make sure if  this is standard operating procedure once the application is approved.  Thanks.

Yuecheung and Brandonn would you be so kind to confirm your submission Numbers in the format eg: 37.XXX, 38.XXX ,etc  so as to check where are we standing right now as far as submissions being approved. Thanks in advance

Mine is 39xxx.

But I did not get a letter, only an email from MM2h informing me that it is successful (I apply myself without an agent). I wonder if I need to wait for a hardcopy approval letter to be sent to me from MM2H office.

Any views?

Brandonn wrote:

Mine is 39xxx.

But I did not get a letter, only an email from MM2h informing me that it is successful (I apply myself without an agent). I wonder if I need to wait for a hardcopy approval letter to be sent to me from MM2H office.

Any views?

Hi Brandonn,

Congrats to your approval application. First time I heard that they sending email to notify applicants that their application was approved, and asking you to go to the mm2h  office to collect the conditional approval letter,.

Do you call them and asking whether or not they will send the condition approval letter to you ? To get thing done, suggest to make a trip to KL, and get everything done and get the visa stamped onto your passport. ( u will need to do that in anyway even they send you the letter)

But first, make a call to them to find out everything first.

Thanks Brandonn, mine is 385XX , I was verbally informed last week by Agent of my approval, but I didnot post here bcz I didn't yet receive the hardcopied approval letter which to me is the doc that matters as the 6 months timeframe for stamping etc are counted as from approval letter date, once I get it I will post to inform other people where are we standing. Cheers

Brandonn wrote:

Mine is 39xxx.

Any views?

Mine is 36xxx. I made the application by myself and they sent me the approval letter through registered mail.