MM2H: how long did it take for you?

Sounds great things are moving along. No JP for me is needed for the US of A.

To recap (as the discussion just started a new page)

On March 4, Motac took an immediate step to expedite the processing of the outstanding 2018 applications for the MM2H programme. The ministry has also established and embarked on a special task force to collaborate with the Home Affairs Ministry and its agencies, the Immigration Department and the Royal Malaysia Police, in an effort to process all MM2H outstanding applications submitted and received in 2018 as well as in 2019. This exercise is expected to be completed before the end of June 2019.

In the meantime, Motac, together with the relevant agencies, has taken several steps to improve procedures and ensure that all new applications will be approved within 120 working days.

Thanks for the update, question, did this approval reflect on your Status online ? Or is it still showing "Pending Committee approval"

I am within your same 38XXX bracket and just wanted to know if it will show online while checking status

Thanks

ngmh wrote:

I followed up with my agent, and just got this reply today:

"Yesterday, the Immigration released some news on the applications submitted between April and August last year. Your application 38xxx was in MM2H Committee Meeting No. 3/2019. The result is approved.

However, the Immigration is still waiting for the final endorsement from the Home Ministry before they could release the official MM2H Conditional Approval Letter (MCAL) for Meeting No. 1, 2 & 3.

After the Home Ministry releases the endorsements, the Immigration will release the official MCAL for meetings no. 1, 2 and then 3. At this stage, the Immigration is still not able to confirm by when they will issue the MCAL for No. 1 yet.

Hope the above is clear. I will update you again as soon as we receive any news for your official MCAL."

Seem both the Immigration and the Home Ministry still need some time to work out to get anything done up to get the approval letter out...could be a month or two...

There is no other status remark between Pending Committee Approval and the decision (Approved or?)

Ok thanks Gravitas, so the change in status will show only after all Ministries clearances are given as far as I can understand

Gravitas wrote:

There is no other status remark between Pending Committee Approval and the decision (Approved or?)

I understand that, interest earned from the FD for the duration of the 10 year visa is not taxable, is this correct?
Thanks!

Newbern wrote:

I understand that, interest earned from the FD for the duration of the 10 year visa is not taxable, is this correct?
Thanks!

Not taxable by Malaysia but you will probably have tax obligations to Australia until you establish an MY residency and become AU non-resident for tax purposes (if that is your plan).

Gravitas wrote:

Not all the applications will make it to the final approval stage. The recent press gave the figure of between 800-900 out of the about 3700.  These figures are from memory. Apparently there are a lot of non starter applications

If you recall the article about 1 million applications and how many were approved, working on the basis that 1 million was  a typo and actually there have been 100, 000 applications since the programme started.

If that is true then the number of applications and acceptances have taken a big fall in the last year.  The median acceptances since 2012 has been about 3100 and rising (there was a big drop-off in 2015 down to 2200 attributable to falls in Chinese, Japanese and Bangladeshi acceptances). That means they've barely had more applications that previous years of acceptances. And of that they may have 1000 approvals??? And many of those that are approved, after having waited for so long, may not actually accept the offer. That's horrible!

Have they done irreparable harm to the program?

Hi CinnA,

Well a lot of the benefits have changed for the worse. Seems like they are making it harder for the MM2H appliers. They said they wanted quality not quantity. But they have to remember a lot of people liked those benefits. Their drivers license test is a complete joke, making someone go through all that to get a license after what driving for 30+ years. For some of us I would have to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road. But that has nothing to do with the process.
Since I will be retired I will make it a point to jump through hoops to get the official license. A lot of red tape and headaches will have to be put up with.

There is no status update in the system, still pending committee approval. I also think that will not updated until or after getting the approval letter.

ngmh wrote:

There is no status update in the system, still pending committee approval. I also think that will not updated until or after getting the approval letter.

ngmh, the latest approval letter have been issued this week (dated Apr 15th). They are from batch 2019/01, i.e. committee meeting held on Jan 15th, 2019. The biggest ref number reported so far is 37330. For most of those applied before and including June 2018 should be receiving the letters soon.

Let's see when they are gonna release 2019/02 and 2019/03.

BTW, since yours was approved by the committee 2019/03, do you know when did that committee hold?

Approvals don't run sequentially according to Reference number. Some cases are straightforward eg financials don't need checking

Yes. I just received my confirmation letter today.

akwkrk wrote:

Mine number is 371XX submitted on 13th June 2018 but still no news.

Sorry, I don't know when the meeting 3/2019 was held.

As we all can tell, it is moving, just matter of weeks or month(s) to get the letters. But it is normal for everyone, including myself very anxious to get the letter to confirm as offical.

By the way, how long after you get the approval will you all move to Malaysia for good? (I might need 6 months after getting the MM2H visa to move).

I checked today with my agent and is telling me the dates for Committee Meetings are not officially announced and remain confidential. Their best guess is that for submissions 38.xxx a date for approval should be around May. Will see

PS: maybe someone onsite does have the Committee Meetings schedule

Hi guys.
Today approved #371XX.

Congratulations hooray! We have progress being made.

lalalagamy wrote:

Today approved #371XX.

Congratulations!
Status 'Pending Committee Approval' still for our 370XX.

expat000 wrote:

Congratulations!
Status 'Pending Committee Approval' still for our 370XX.

Expat000, this batch is the one which committee 1/2019 approved (held on 1/15/2019). Now letters dated Apr 12 or 15 have been issued. Based on your earlier field report, your application is among the 1/2019 batch. Therefore you should be able to receive your letter soon. It was reported that online status changes after the date of letter releases.  (the other slim possibility is the home affairs ministry further delays your application, which hopefully not the case ).

If you get this one, you will have 2 MM2H since you've already got the one for east Malaysia right ?

It will be interesting to see whether it is possible to have two mm2h visas.

The successful application in Sabah may have superseded the first one and made it nul and void.

Anyone here aware or heard b4 that their status is under “ pending committee approval” , end up got rejected in their application... or , the chances is high in getting final approval .?

My status is  "pending committee approval" too.
I submitted MM2H 2018 June.
#371XX

My approval letter has been dispatched in 12/4/2019.
And my agent e-mailed me yesterday.

In my approval letter, my MM2H has been approved by the MM2H special committee  NO 01/2019 dated 15/01/2019.

lalalagamy wrote:

My status is  "pending committee approval" too.
I submitted MM2H 2018 June.
#371XX

My approval letter has been dispatched in 12/4/2019.
And my agent e-mailed me yesterday.

In my approval letter, my MM2H has been approved by the MM2H special committee  NO 01/2019 dated 15/01/2019.

Congratulations. So i assume you can get your MM2H latest by Oct 12 based on the date of the letter, right?

Same as me. Application number 371XX submitted on 13th June 2018 also received my approval letter on 17th April.

Gravitas wrote:

It will be interesting to see whether it is possible to have two mm2h visas.

The successful application in Sabah may have superseded the first one and made it nul and void.

Yes, it is interesting if we get approved in the peninsula. We are not going to proceed though. It is not possible to have two stamps for mm2h in one passport.

Anyone here got “ pending Committee Approval “ in their status, end up rejected in application?

Calvin1977 wrote:

Anyone here got “ pending Committee Approval “ in their status, end up rejected in application?

Pending Committee Approval is just the standard holding position for every applicant. The failure rate hasn't been published but there is one.

I just received information from my agent that my MM2H has been approved, special committee 02/2019 dated 15.01.2019. :) Hoping everyone here waiting will get theirs soon as well!

My ref number is 375xx.

Patrick

Patrick_J wrote:

I just received information from my agent that my MM2H has been approved, special committee 02/2019 dated 15.01.2019. :) Hoping everyone here waiting will get theirs soon as well!

My ref number is 375xx.

Patrick

Congratulations. What is the date of your letter?

That is so fantastic!
I am happy for you.
And I am glad to know that the mm2h visa processing is moving forward.
My number is 420xx.  Still some waiting to do.
Cheers

Patrick_J wrote:

My ref number is 375xx.

Patrick

Also when did you first apply. That's a fairly low number. Current ones are in the 42xxx range...implying about 5000 applications over the last year.  The question is how long has been the wait to finally get people through the queue?

My letter is dated 22/4, I applied late June and received my ref number of July 3rd.
Roughly 10.5 months of waiting.

Also received the approval letter yesterday in HK,  ref number 370xx,  in the 01/2019 batch.
Wondering the 6 months time for completing the process count from 15 Jan (approved date)  or 15 Apr (letter issue date)...

I believe it is from the letter date.

I just got this reply from mm2h office:

For your information, the applicant is given a period of 6 months from the date shown in the letter  to obtain the pass from the MM2H Immigration Unit.

So... Start from letter sent date right?

Also received my approval (375xx).

Let's try to open a bank account now :)

Great to heard many approval and the process moving on, wonder when it will reach 40xxx ...?? Well, just have to wait.

Congrats to those who got the approval.

I guess 40XXX not before June or July 2019 earliest

Penang Mm2H FB site seems to be indicating that applicants with numbers in the mid-37,000's who applied in June and July are currently receiving their letters. The most recent applicants have numbers in the 42000 range. That would indicate the backlog is about 5000 and the wait for those who were first caught up in the “reorganization” waited about 10 months before approval. Presumably there has been some processing for all that backlog and the Home Affairs Ministry have completed most of their security checks. Maybe the backlog will be reduced due to the more regular finalization meeting (once a week rather than once/month) so maybe 1000/month is reasonable. I'd watch carefully over the next month to see if the reach the 39*** range. If so , they may get back to a normal 3-4 month wait by September. If F they go slower then it may mean half year delays or more for the imminent future.