Visiting Schengen state using the receipt

Dear All,

I am currently residing in Italy and waiting for my Permesso Di Soggiorno to be issued. I have already given my fingerprints. Due to some work I have to visit Sweden for a week. The documents I have are:

Expired Permesso Di Soggiorno.

Reciept from the post office along with a letter issued after finger prints.

valid Passport.

(The above three documents allowed me to visit my home country but i have heard rumors that I am not allowed to visit a schengen country with above mentioned documents)

Can I visit sweden? I know similar question is being asked in this forum but that person already had a valid schegen Visa which i dont.

P.S: The official website of questura states that I am not allowed to transit from a Schengen state, but in my case, I am not transiting I am visiting it.

I may have misunderstood but surely a Passport is all you need, which is all that most people have for international travel (subject to any visa requirements for individual countries, for example  U.S.)

A valid Permesso Di Soggiorno, together with a valid passport is accepted in lieu of a visa to travel between Schengen countries; an expired Permesso Di Soggiorno is not valid for travel in the scheme.