Family visa for husband

Hello folks,

So, this is for a friend of mine. His wife got a job here in Muscat. And he lives in India. After she arrived her employer said, it is very difficult to bring Husband in family visa. And not willing to do it.
Can anyone share some lights on it? Is this true that wives may get the family visa but not husbands?
(Her salary is around R1000)

Thanks

Hi expatdax,

Please feel free to have a look at the existing topics in the Information on visas in Muscat section, you might find some relevant information.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Equipe Expat.com  :cheers:

Nope I haven't found anything regards to this.
Guys, come on. Share some lights if possible.

Thanks

She may bring him on a Relative Visit Visa. It is valid for 3 months, extendable by 1 month (read: he can stay in Oman for 4 months) then he must exit, but may return, provided he gets another Relative Visit Visa.

However, while in Oman, he is the responsibility of her employer. So, basically, they need to want to do it. This is handled by the company PRO, and she should honestly direct her questions to that person, as they will be the most helpful person for her situation.

She may not bring him (sponsor him) on a Family Joining Visa, as wives cannot sponsor husbands, as in Islam, the husband is responsible to support the family.

Good luck to your friends.

Thank you very much for your response. But is it officially written anywhere? Because I had checked the website. It goes something like this-

"The family Joining Visa is granted to the wife of the foreigner, who is resident in Oman, and as well to his children who are below (21) years. It is also granted to the foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, and subject to a certificate from the concerned authority (Ministry of Interior) confirming the status of the marriage."

It says wife but it doesn't say you can not bring husband. This is where the confusion is. Any idea?

Thanks

Also, is there any rules like if you come on a visit visa, and after your visa is expired, you cannot re-enter the country for 3 months?

I am a female and sponsored my husband several years ago while he's working in other country. What you need to check is the type of the visa for the wife, because the husband visa will be dependant to her.

I got my husband as resident spouse visa without issue. The best person to help answering your questions is the wife company PRO.

expatdax wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. But is it officially written anywhere? Because I had checked the website. It goes something like this-

"The family Joining Visa is granted to the wife of the foreigner, who is resident in Oman, and as well to his children who are below (21) years. It is also granted to the foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, and subject to a certificate from the concerned authority (Ministry of Interior) confirming the status of the marriage."

It says wife but it doesn't say you can not bring husband. This is where the confusion is. Any idea?

Thanks

The Family Joining visa is not applicable to a husband joining his wife, which is why it is not written, one could presume. The Relative Visit visa would be his entry to the country.

expatdax wrote:

Also, is there any rules like if you come on a visit visa, and after your visa is expired, you cannot re-enter the country for 3 months?

This was the rule at one point, but only the PRO would know if it is still in effect.

The answer is here. No problem for resident wife to sponsor husband, but lots of paperwork!
http://www.oman.om/wps/wcm/connect/en/s … amilyvisas