Lease Vehicle Accident and Total Loss-Abdul Latif Jameel

Can someone help me to handle my situation after I encountered an accident on May 24.  Atlhough it was 50% my fault by Najm Inspector put 100% on me as soon as he found my vehicle under lease with full comprehensive coverage, athough the other driver did not even have valid insurance with him.

Anyway, my car front left side was heavily damaged, so I toed the vehicle to ALJ workshop @ Exit 17.  It took 2 days follow-up to have the 'Repair Agreement' prepared by ALJ service advisor, after 1 week I was told that Insurance did not approve the repair cost since it is too high, compared the current value of an asset; so my vehicle shall be considered as 'Total Loss'.

It's now 3rd day that I am chasing ALJ staff to provide possible alternative options or atleast the actual report what has been submitted to Insurance company.

All of them are so rude and can't even talk politely; I am asking them to give me answer on below:

1. If I opt not to take the vehicle, will they give any amount of money what Insurance is willing to pay or advance deposit?  Keeping in view that I still have 12 installments left.
2.  Review the estimation again and cut down number of repairs, so to reduce the cost of the Insurance claim
3. If I want to take the vehicle and do repair from outside, what is the procedure?

I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this.

In a nutshell, all these agencies are really butchers, they don't care the circumstances an individual going through.  May Allah protect us all from a difficult situation. Ameen

Dear Mahboob have find any solution or alternate,
I have just involved in same case

Please contact me on *** via whatsapp i will call you for more information i need from you,, please help me out if you have a solution

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Actually they dont care about the client... they are only interested on the claims they can take from the insurance... and also they will repair the car for a very long time...

this is very unacceptable to the fact that we are paying the the monthly installments in time

Actually they dont care about the client... they are only interested on the claims they can take from the insurance... and also they will repair the car for a very long time...

They also refuse to give authorization for the client. So in that way... they will be the one to claim the money from the insurance

this is very unacceptable to the fact that we are paying the the monthly installments in time

The biggest problem I have noticed here, most of the retail stores and service centers have no fear of any kind of accountability, they know that no one can do anything for their lack of customer care as well as lack of due diligence.

Now little bit improvement I have come to know from some of my colleagues that 'Ministry of Commerce' is now cooperative and take notice of valid complaints if you report to them with all evidences.  1 Example with my Jordanian colleague a while back when Hyundai service representative was trying to play with him for AC unit repair, my colleague contacted Ministry and within 2 days they shut their mouth and provided required support.

But the problem is non-Arabic speaking may have difficulty reaching out to them.

Happened to me last few months, once najm make report you have to go to dammam office  for quotation ( the damaged car parts that need to repair) , this office issue 3 quotation with different prices, then give those reports to ALJ , then they will repair the car after 3 days i received my car completely..honestly its just need of time but its ok .

i dependa on how large the damage is

Yes, brother it depends on a specific case scenario, you may be lucky the incident happened with you.

However, most of the people reported of extremely bad client care service with all these Auto car dealers and I don't see any hope for improvement, even I have faced issue with Nissan Service Centre for my vehicle's periodic maintenance just before COVID Pandemic, I reported the matter to Nissan Regional Head Quarter in the UAE, they simple sent me apologies and assurance that it will not happen again, which is just a formalities to close the case.

And life goes on..............................

Goodevening anyone knows here what are the requirements on how to transfer to new customer my installment car. Right now i already have exit visa valid until january 2022 so i need to transfer it to new owner the problem is its only 5months from us we talk to one employee of abdulatif jameel he said 1yr is needed to be transfer i cannot return the car unit to them because it will cost 10,000sar. Anyone here know if i have the same problem that got sold.

Hi there, I am not quite sure what to suggest, however, try to find any Saudi National Buyer.
At the same time as ALJ to provide you signed contract documentary where it is mentioned one year waiting period.

Any hanky panky, feel free to report this matter to Ministry of Commerce and Industries via complaint ticket.  I found lot of positive feedbacks from my friends that they are very active and resolve genuine cases.

Don't feel scared or shy, these leasing companies are actually butchers.

Good luck!

Thank you mehboob0872.

May I ask if  you are aware of that 1yr waiting? Because its like they are making issue.

I am sorry, no idea about this, however, let me check with my other friends/colleagues and will revert.

yes please thank you

Pih ar wrote:

yes please thank you

in case of return yes you there is one year contract minimum, if you want to leave or pay all in both casses
in your case i will prefer to add your car on lease transfer option and you can transfer your lease. and bank can not object on it

if your car have an accident and the toyota work shop  tell it will take 21 days to finish  ? is there option that  toyota will  provide me a replacement car for the mean time ?

Hello manny527,

Welcome to expat.com!

This discussion has remained inactive since 2021.

For more visibility, I invite you to create a new discussion on the  Saudi Arabia forum. You will benefit from more advice there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi,

My car met an accident and the vinj driver told me that it is black listed / total loss ..how I can check my car status online to confirm his word.

Pls advise

Hi, I have rav4 and today I got the accident from front side , will abdul latif will help in this regard when Najam has said it is my fault . Any one please tell me should I go to Abdul Latif for repair or do it myself.

Thanks