Modification of ID Card and Passport

Aslamolaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakat

I want to know about changing of marital status.I want to bring my wife to KSA and our marriage is registered with NADRA Pakistan and we have NADRA registered marriage certificate and my wife's NIC is also on mu name and her passport is also on my name.is it enough or do I also need to modify my marital status?in my opinion and some people told me that your marriage is registered with NADRA and you're wife NIC and Passport is on your name you don't need to modify your status bcz in NADRA record are already registered as married with your wife named in NADRA record.one thing more in pakistani passport there is no option for males for spouse name and in other countries there is spouse name on husband passport.so what should we pakistani do in this situation?
Kindly help me out so I may proceed further.

Thanks in advance

You have asked this on another thread while the question was already answered there.

If your wife has your name on her passport and NIC, the marital status is ALREADY modified in NADRA record and nothing more needs to be done.   The Pakistan passport is what it is and it doesn't make a difference for Saudi visa application. By the way, in most countries, at least in the developed world, there is no field for spouse name or indeed, even father's name on the passport. It all varies.

Thank you brother.

Important Thing..
If you do nothing now (and it is not required now). When you have kids and you will apply for their NICOP, you will be asked to renew your NICOP first and change marital status from single to Married though everything is in record before under NADRA system.
I suggest doing it whenever convenient for you. You can bring your wife here without doing it but you will definitely have to do this to register your kids.

regards,
Bilal Amjad

Thanks brother I will check with NADRA about my marital status bcz we have NADRA registered marriage certificate and my wife id card and passport is modified my name is on her id card and passport.

Dear Brother, I am in same situation as you are. I need to renew my passport. If i go for changing my marital status I have to visit the embassy. But only for renewal, it can be done online. what did you do, with your passport? did you change your marital status?

People misguided me specially agents dealing in id cards and passport.you don't need to do anything in pakistani passport there is no option for marital status.only your wife needs to change her status from single to married.my wife id card is with my name and passport also and she got permanent family visa.so if your wife marital status is changed you don't need to do anything.