Consequences Fukushima

Hi All
We are travelling to KL in about 3 months time and I have not heard any reports on any Europe News whether the catastrophy in Japan has had any raise in radiaoactivity in Malaysia or how this has effected the food arriving from Japan in S-E Asia. It is not as much that we are afraid, we just heard nothing here. I know it is about 4000 km away, but when Tschernobyl blew up, they even exchanged the sand in playgrounds in Germany.
Kindest Regards, see you there:)

Hi 4everasia. There doesn't seem to be any adverse effects from the Fukushima disaster so far. Checks on all imported goods are being monitored as in other countries, so life here seems to be same.
There was a rumour that the internet had been affected in some way, but it's difficult to say that's the case.
There has been no mention of any problems with the coastal waters due to the dumping of contaminated water into the sea, but things could change over the next months/years as I'm sure you can appreciate.
I wouldn't worry too much, and continue with your plans to visit. It's a beautiful country, and I'm sure you would enjoy your stay here. If there are any new developments or anything you need to be aware of, I could let you know.  Dave

definitely there are effects , but the media and the rules makers seem to be not interested in creating chaos and/or scaring the public

hence , as long as there is no visible effects , why to scare people so early ??

regards

Thank you very much guys.
Kind Regards
4everasia