MDEC Application Process Time 2023

I have an application in MDEC which my employer submitted on my behalf.

I wanna know

a. how can I track the application ?

b. how long does each stage take and When I will be able to enter Malaysia ?

Thank you!

a. Only your employer or agent can check the status of the application there is no other way for MDEC

b. Stage One takes 3 - 5 weeks,  Stage TWO takes  2 - 4 weeks (may vary case to case)

you might want to update this thread as your application progress, it would certainly help other people that are looking for a similar answer.

Has anyone had any experience of the new JTKSM in the past few weeks? Is it required for renewal projects? Or only new worker projections?

Thanks

Hi

I'm waiting for my EP approval from MDEC, submitted on March 2023. Last week, my status was Verification Stage. My employer tells me it takes 10 working days for stage 1 approval, and from MDEC website itself tells the same. The first stage of Approval step includes the FKW application before moving to the verification stage.

https://mdec.my/expats/msc/application-process

However, my colleague who renews their visa takes 2 months in total. So HR says it takes FKW projection and expats service.

But all of this is ideal and may change in practice. I hope I'll get stage 1 approval next week.

Can anyone tell me what is stage 1 and stage 2 means?

In my organisation they are not communicating me properly... Last march they said waiting for some quota approval and also got during april first week.... The same week they told me to sign the contract papers to submit the application.... How long it takes to get the approval and what are all the next steps. Please guide me.

Now I'm in which stage?

Hi everyone. I have a confusion since my employer told me that they are currently proceeding with my employment pass application(waiting for approval from the Ministry of home affairs), however, I have not secured or signed any offer letter for the position. I mean is it possible to get approval from the government before settling a contract letter of employment?

They said the application process is still in the 1st stage.

@NadiyaInMY

Hi, Have you got approval from MDEC? please can you share the timeline for stage 1 only?

@ChaoticSen

I believe you must sign a contract after that HASIL IRB should stamp first to proceed to apply for stage 1.

sample contract letter.

https://mdec.my/wp-content/uploads/SAMP … MSC-1.docx

@samkl63 I see. It's weird in my situation because the company said that the offer letter will be given after the approval of EP from ministry of home affaris. Do you have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

@ChaoticSen

an offer letter is different which is the company's sole discretion when they want to release... the contract letter is a must for EP processing with MDEC.

@samkl63 Hi Sam. Would you like to see the queries that I just posted as the new topic? Thought you might be able to help me. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link of the topic I just posted(relating to EP process): https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1030948

Hey guys. I do really need your help to enlighten my mind because i have the same question over and over. My question is, how long does the MDEC take process for my documents to be approve, since my first application has been returned to the company, and I already followed the instructions from them? (my documents has been re-sent to the MDEC team)

do really appreciate your answers!!!