Cancellation of employment visa, can I re-enter on visit visa?

Hi,
We are an Australian couple, should my husband resign from his job, and we stay in Oman for the 30 day notice period, once our employment visa is cancelled, are we able to re-enter immediately on a visit visa?
Thank you.

Hi lm79,

As long as your husband is employed - whether serving his notice period or not - his employment visa has to be valid.

The employment visa will get cancelled only at the airport just prior to his departure. The same is the case with the dependent family visa holders.

You may re-enter immediately, if your country's name figures in the list of countries whose passport holders are eligible for a visa on arrival, provided your husband has his last employer's NOC needed for re-entry before the completion of the mandatory 2-year waiting period.

Please read the many other posts already available on the forum on same / similar subjects for a more clearer understanding.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks for replying.

I have had a look at other posts on this forum, but they aren't clear with regard to our situation.

Being an Australian passport holder, we are eligible for a visa on arrival, but we would want to enter on a Tourist visa, so I presume that would be okay?

Thanks

Hi lm79,

The rule states that any expatriate who leaves Oman after cancelling his / her employment visa must carry their last employer's NOC to be able to return before the 2-years. This includes returning on any visa, including the family joining visa, or even on an investor visa.

Though this is what the law states, I have seen some exceptions.

Taking a NOC from your husband's employer might not really be a bad idea.

Hmm ok, although i'm not sure if an NOC will be provided.

Where can I find a copy of the employment law which states what you have mentioned above?

Would you have a contact name and number of someone who would be able to direct me further?

Thanks

Hi lm79,

A simple google search would provide you with all the information and details that you are seeking about the NOC rule.

Also checking the Ministry of Manpower website would help.

Thanks Sumitran