Damn nervous :o

heyy all,

so basically im flying out to malaysia tmrw, I know this is considered private but i feel the need to tell somebody, can someone give me some advice on how to deal/interact with a new family, bearing in mind im only 17,

thank you

Amir Mendez

Hi. You mean you're gonna live with a Malaysian family during your stay in Malaysia?

I assume, since they're willing to "adopt" you, I'm sure they are relatively more open-minded, compared to other Malaysians. I'd say, talk more and try hang out with them. Enjoy certain activities together. Cooking? Dinner? That was how I got to be so close to my American family friends when I was in the States. It was all about trust and interaction, I guess.

Have fun! Don't be nervous! =)

sorry, I dont think I explained it correctly, basically i found out about a year ago that the person who i thought was my father was in fact my step dad,long story short i found out that my real dad and his family are in Malaysia so I am leaving my step family and going to stay with my real dad, I havent seen him for 16 years and dont really know how he is as a person, i really need some advice of how to sort of talk with him etc,,, im feeling so nervous :(

Hi, well maybe he will be nervous too? So best maybe to start with small talk. Talk about the flight, where you are etc. You are strangers after all. I would suggest you don't talk about personal stuff too soon. Give it a few days before you mention the past. Just get to know your biological father like a distant uncle you never met.

Good luck

chill bro .. just be yourself and but at the sametime try to adopt to your environment .

With the least expectation brings the least disappointment. Be yourself and take it as a test of life. Am sure your father will take the initiative to settle things with you and he's gonna be double nervous than u do.

Yet as other members advice, be chilled and observe for few days before getting into personal.

I'm more concern on what are you going to do and coping with the cultures here.

God bless you there.

well im here in malaysia now, the first time i saw him was really awkward,but wer getting on well now,met most of the family,everyones really nice,weathers not bad, plus hes mega riich so i get to go everywhere in style :D ,i dont know for some reason it seems like hes trying to impress me with his wealth,but i was brought up in an environment in which i was taught that money isnt everything, but forget that anyways,im blabbering a bit :D ,going to a one of the shopping malls in a bit with my new cousins, some weird place called `one utamah` ,but yeah thank you everyone soooo much for the advice,it really helps <3 xxx

colombiano786 wrote:

well im here in malaysia now, the first time i saw him was really awkward,but wer getting on well now,met most of the family,everyones really nice,weathers not bad, plus hes mega riich so i get to go everywhere in style :D ,i dont know for some reason it seems like hes trying to impress me with his wealth,but i was brought up in an environment in which i was taught that money isnt everything, but forget that anyways,im blabbering a bit :D ,going to a one of the shopping malls in a bit with my new cousins, some weird place called `one utamah` ,but yeah thank you everyone soooo much for the advice,it really helps <3 xxx

Good to hear things are going well with you in Malaysia. Well, I wouldn't be surprised at the awkwardness, but it should go away with time.

Yes, being rich isn't everything. Erm, so I have to say, though, be appreciative of what's bestowed upon you. I'm sure, he was once your estranged father, but he loves you just as much as any father would to his child. Don't waste hard-earned money, too.

Apropos, the place called One Utama is a shopping mall, which isn't weird at all. It's probably just a name you aren't used to. "Utama" means first in Malay.

Enjoy your time here, in Malaysia, and with your father.

heyaa, so hows everything going? hope its good.. :)
so, is malaysia treating u good so far..

we should hangout sometime soon xD

heyy sofia,everythings really good,ish,, :) ,rained like mad today :D ,sorta spoiled my plan to go out riding ,but oh well guess i can do it another time,yepp defo that would be really nice,hopefully should be getting my car this week :) ,,