Application to enter Mauritius

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I am in the verge of moving to Mauritius. I have few questions that i would be grateful to receive clarification from you.

My immediate employer has been processing my work permit and it has been more than 6 months now since we lodged the application. Is this normal?

Recently  I have been asked to fill in "application to enter Mauritius" form. Does this mean that the move is closer??

Thank you in advance

The Application to Enter Mauritius is the form used to submit your residency permit. Normally this is submitted at the same time your Work permit application is sent. No, it doesn't mean that the move is closer, it simply means they missed it earlier and are now submitting it.

Since your work permit is still in process, submitting the residency permit now doesn't have much incidence. The Passport and Immigration Office will only issue the Residence Permit when the work permit is available.

6 months processing is somewhat normal these days. It's taking much longer than the 1 - 3 months we are used to

Thank you Nadeem

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct