Marrying Romanian citizen

Hi,does anyone here who could give to me an advice of what the best that we should do of my Romanian citizen fiance.My fiance is a currently working in scotland.I just end  up my contract from Dubai, so currently living here in manila philippines.We're planning to get married in Romania but we both don't know what we should do and how we will start the papers.
What's the step by step that we will do.?
How will i go there there in Romania.
I need some advice from the expert/people who pass the same experience that i am facing right now.
Thank you so much.

Since he is the citizen of Romania, it's best that he returns first, if for no other reason than to greet you and guide you and make sure you have a place to stay on arrival.

You will initially enter the country on a 90 day tourist visa which cannot be renewed (you are entitled to one every six months).

Once you are married, you should immediately apply for the "long term (still only 90 days) Family reunification visa (symbol D/VF)

Then, while you are still in Romania, married and on the D/VF visa, you can quickly begin the application for residency.

So you should get married as soon as possible, and then begin the application for a spouse visa.

Marriages performed in Romania

The Government of Romania legally recognizes only civil marriage ceremonies that are performed in the City Hall or the Sector Office in the area where the Romanian citizen resides.

Many couples also choose to hold a religious ceremony after the completion of the civil ceremony.

The following documents are needed by the Vital Statistics Office of the Mayor's Office to authorize marriage to a Romanian citizen:

1. Certified copy of the foreigner birth certificate with a notarized translation in Romania (obtained from a Romanian notary) or, if the birth certificate is not available, a notarized statement given at a Romanian notary public summarizing the data in the foreigner's passport and including the parents' names (accepting such a statement in place of a birth certificate is at the discretion of the Romanian authorities).

2. Notarized statement (affidavit) that the foreigner citizen is free to marry, obtained at the foreigner's Embassy in Romania.

3. Prenuptial Certificate (Health Certificate) for both the foreigner and the Romanian citizen, obtained from a clinic in the city where your marriage will take place.

4. Certified copy of proof of the termination of any and all previous marriages, with a translation in Romanian (i.e. divorce/annulment decrees, death certificates).

Applying For A Family Reunification Visa

https://www.mae.ro/en/node/2054

Then, once that 90-day visa has been approved, start your application for a

Residence permit

gov.ro/en/content/residence-permit

Hello,

I would like to ask, am I getting the right to work with the residence permit You have mentioned in the last comment, or there is further procedure to obtain the work permit?

Thank You very much for Your help

Hey, i want to ask is it possible to get Family Reunification visa while you're still in short stay visa? I'm kinda confuse because i went to the immigration office in constanta today and they said they can extend my visit visa while i processing the family reunification visa

Hi, i am going to Romania to marry, last time I went as a tourist with a flight way back, i am wondering if i need a way back this time, i only bought one way flight, can someone help me with that.

Thanks!!

Hello everyone,

Please note that some posts have been removed.

It is not advised to post your personal contact details on a public forum.

Such information can be shared via the private messaging system.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team