Getting married in Romania outside the city hall

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me. I am Lithuanian, my future husband is Romanian, we are going to get married in Romania. But it is impossible to find out if it is allowed by law to get married in the nature. If it is, is there any officiants that do so and where to find them. We dont want any church ceremonies and town hall is just not ideal for us.

Thank you in advance for your time..

Marriages almost always take place at the town hall.  The mayor can approve a ceremony outside the town hall only if a spouse is unable to go to the town hall (e.g. prison, severe medical reasons).  They won't accommodate your "ideal" preferences, as many couples get married each day.

You might consider marriage in your country or another country that will accommodate your wishes.

Romaniac

@GintareKop Don't forget that for many Romanians the Primăria wedding is just to sign the register and the "real wedding" is the religious wedding. Maybe you can find a priest/minister to bless your union in a place you prefer.

Hello JohnnyStLouis,

I don't think that GintareKop wants to do a church wedding ceremony....

Yoginee

Expat.com team

?

@Indika Ruwan Kumara Hello

Please could you give more details ?

Mickael

Team Expat.com

@GintareKop Don't forget that for many Romanians the Primăria wedding is just to sign the register and the "real wedding" is the religious wedding. Maybe you can find a priest/minister to bless your union in a place you prefer.
-@JohnnyStLouis

Only a civil wedding is recognized as legal in Romania (and many if not all other EU countries), so that is the de facto wedding.  Also, the OP is not marrying "many Romanians", they are marrying one person who happens to be Romanian, so please respect their wishes without bringing religious beliefs and generalizations into it.

Also, as someone that actually has gotten married in Romania, I can say it is certainly more than just signing a register.  The office of Civil Status verifies all legal requirements for marriage are satisfied, performs the ceremony, and issues all legal documents to proceed..  A church cannot accomplish these actions under the law.  They also provide videography and photography service which is great, one less thing to manage.

Yes I understand the point trying to be made about a religious wedding, but it holds no legal basis and does not accomplish a civil union.

Romaniac

@romaniac thank you for your time and answer ♥️

Thank you everyone for your answers, well we think to sign the papers in town hall and then try to find minister or priest who is able to marry us in iconic place.. not sure if we will succeed, but as @Yoginee mentioned, I would like to avoid church :)