Marrying a morrocco female citizen as second wife

Bro..

I read thru a blog post about a sister in Islam having trouble with husband having an affair and was overwhelmed with the replies and responses.

My situation is that I am from India and married with children, my good wife supports and wishes that I get married with a second wife and this thought which was never there and gave rise to the thought. I applied on matrimonial site and have liked a female from Morocco. She too is interested but is wary of the rules and regulations in Morocco. I live in sharjah and would like to keep the moroccan future wife in Morocco after marriage  as per her wishes. As she doesn't want to go out of country.  And I can afford to support and keep traveling to Morocco and UAE. Given this situation how to proceed is a big issue and need help in proceeding with this. In sha Allah. Your help is much appreciated and I hope to get reply amicably.

Warm regards

Abdhasib wrote:

Bro..

I read thru a blog post about a sister in Islam having trouble with husband having an affair and was overwhelmed with the replies and responses.

My situation is that I am from India and married with children, my good wife supports and wishes that I get married with a second wife and this thought which was never there and gave rise to the thought. I applied on matrimonial site and have liked a female from Morocco. She too is interested but is wary of the rules and regulations in Morocco. I live in sharjah and would like to keep the moroccan future wife in Morocco after marriage  as per her wishes. As she doesn't want to go out of country.  And I can afford to support and keep traveling to Morocco and UAE. Given this situation how to proceed is a big issue and need help in proceeding with this. In sha Allah. Your help is much appreciated and I hope to get reply amicably.

Warm regards

Assalamu'alaikum brother

If you are allowed two wives in India (I mean if the Indian law allows this) then you should be ok. But if Indian law doesn't allow two wives then Moroccan law won't allow you to do something that would be illigal in your own country. This is the situation someone had from USA when it is illigal to have two wives in USA.

Hope this makes sense?

I thank you very much for a quick and prompt reply .

My country India allows polygamy as it is Personal law that applies to the Muslims as a community which practices the Shariah Law.

My Question to you is whether you could help in understanding the process of getting to move things in Morrocco, in other words is there a procedure that has to be followed to proceed with the marriage.

Thanks in Advance and Warm regards

Appreciate the Response so far.

Ok I don't see a problem then. The first wife in Morocco has to give permission for husband to take another wife but I don't know to much about this process. I guess she would have to go to the family court and sign off the approval. I don't know what your wife would need to do in this case. Getting married in Morocco , for a non Moroccan, is not the simplest process so you would be best to get a fixer to help get things moving and he would sort this I think. The worst case would probably be your wife has to go to morocco and give her approval

Poligamy in Morocco is allowed on conditions, in your case , it depends on where the contract of marriage is established. I don't know about indian law but if you marry the moroccan woman here  in Morocco i think  you'll need a written permission of your first wife.