Going out in Mexico

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Mexico?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

My list of favorite places in Mexico City to visit...

-The Zocalo.  Living here, I've of course seen the ruins of the main Aztec pyramid and its museum, the Palacio Nacional with its Diego Rivera murals, and the main Cathedral.  Those are permanent.  But, the Zocalo and surrounding streets are ever-changing with free concerts in the main square, performances, displays tied to various holidays and so forth.

-Gante Street al centro.  This pedestrian only street has a lot of different restaurant patios and cafes.  Great meeting place with lots of street performers.

-El Pendulo, book store/restaurant.  There are several around the city but two I like are in Polanco and Condesa.  Sundays are great for brunch with a violinist or cellist to set the mood.  Good book selection in Spanish and English.

-Chapultepec Park.  Some parts are tacky, other parts are relaxing.  As I have a 17 month old daughter, this is a great weekend spot for a picnic, or visit to the zoo, or run with the dogs.

-La Ciudadela.  Very touristy trinket market, but really good deals on a lot of the stuff I bring home to family as gifts every year.  Blankets, tshirts, silver, obsidian, lots of stuff.

-Parque Espana/Parque Mexico.  Another Sunday favorite with my daughter and the dogs.  There's a group that practice medieval sword fighting at Mexico and tango classes at Espana that are fun to watch.