Getting visa and residency....living and working in Romania

I wanted to ask about the paperwork that was required to establish residency and what you would need to start working with a school in Romania. What is necessary for the visa? Do you also need the NIF number or is that dependent on the program? Or does creating residency and work set you up for getting this number? Is there an easier way of doing this.....please advise. Thanks!

Visa requirements are listed on the Romanian IGIwebsite, and also have been discussed exhaustively on this forum over various topics.  Please read further.

As for the NIF number, what are you referring to?  I know there is such a thing as a NIF number in Spain, but not in Romania, though the equivalent here is a CIF number.  This is established upon registering a business with ANAF I believe.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I needed a work or volunteer contract, Romanian health insurance, an apartment lease, and a doctor's certificate. I have an American pension so I can prove income and I had the opportunity to get a volunteer contract with a local ONG. I should get my Residency Permit next week. Good luck..