Romania Visa Procedure for Long Term Study Visa

Hi Everyone,

I applied for an engineering school and got accepted. I have 2 months before my school starts in Romania.

I applied for visa as a non-eu applicant to E-VISA. But I created my E-VISA application more than 30 days before sending the application. According to the official website it should automatically be deleted if not sent in 30 days , but it was not deleted. So I applied with it anyway after uploading new documents. I have got automated confirmation mail saying my application is sent for validation.

So it has been 9 days, but it still shows for "Sent for Validation". Does this take that long? I have no clue about how long it takes. It is Istanbul Consulate. If I don't make it in Romania in 2 months, I will get kicked out of the school. Should I contract the embassy to check if they really got my file.

Thanks a lot.

Best.

Hi Everyone,
I applied for an engineering school and got accepted. I have 2 months before my school starts in Romania.
I applied for visa as a non-eu applicant to E-VISA. But I created my E-VISA application more than 30 days before sending the application. According to the official website it should automatically be deleted if not sent in 30 days , but it was not deleted. So I applied with it anyway after uploading new documents. I have got automated confirmation mail saying my application is sent for validation.

So it has been 9 days, but it still shows for "Sent for Validation". Does this take that long? I have no clue about how long it takes. It is Istanbul Consulate. If I don't make it in Romania in 2 months, I will get kicked out of the school. Should I contract the embassy to check if they really got my file.

Thanks a lot.

Best.
-@PhysicalDoc

No one here can answer your question, but you have kind of answered it yourself.

So yes, you should contact the Embassy as they are the only ones that can answer it.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

@SimCityAT

thanks for the reply. Maybe someone could know the average of validation time. Someone took visa before.

Nothing in Romania regarding visas/immigration happens fast.  So being concerned about it being 9 days so far is a bit unreasonable. 

Either the embassy can answer the question, or the university, as they also are experienced with student visas.

Update:

I asked about whether it cause problem or not about sending 30+ days application. And The embassy said "no problem. Does not cause any problem".

Hi, I got a question. Is the medical insurance to be submitted in the visa application supposed to be covered by the university one chose or is it to covered on the students part?

Insurance is your responsibility.

@kennedynsofwa6

Need 30.000 min euro coverage education insurance. I bought mine for 50 bucks. Get it for at least 6 months. Not 3. Then when you get there you will apply for temporary recidency. Then after 6 months your school get you the rest of the insurance for the next 3 years+. If you are under 26 of course. If not you pay like 10 ron per month

@romaniac even if I'm under scholarship?

-@kennedynsofwa6

Yes

@PhysicalDoc  How and where exactly can I buy a medical insurance?

@kennedynsofwa6

Bro just type travel medical insurance on google check if they cover europe and pick one of the cheapest.

-@kennedynsofwa6

It's YOUR health coverage and YOUR visa.  So yes.