Tourist Visa to Work Permit?

Hello. I am planning to apply for a tourist visa in my home country, PH, then if by luck they might approve my application.

Questions: Can I look for a job while in Brussels/Belgium and ask the employer to apply for a work permit for me so I can legally stay in Belgium? Is there an employer who is willing to do it?

As I am planning to be together with my Boyfriend, who is under a student visa. Because we want to get together as soon as possible.

Will my overstaying get effect on our plan to get married in Belgium? Or should we just wait till he finish his masters and land a job there?

Thank you. ☺️

Hello,

STATUS CHANGE

Who can apply for a change of status?

Any foreigner:
- residing in Belgium;
- who is already admitted or authorized to stay for more or less than three months; and
- who meet the conditions for obtaining a residence permit of more than three months in another capacity, OR for work in Belgium.

Conditions?
- The foreigner must be admitted or authorized to stay for a maximum of three months (short stay) or for more than three months. He can provide proof of this by filing a copy of his declaration of arrival or his passport with the entry stamp (short stay), or his CIRE (long stay).
- He must submit documents proving that he is in the condition to obtain a residence permit of more than three months in another capacity, for example:
+ as a student
+ as a researcher
+ as a family reunification with a foreigner with a limited stay in Belgium
- The foreigner who is in the condition to recover his stay following an absence of more than one year of the territory.
- If he invokes a change of status towards the status of worker, he must produce the following elements:
         + a work permit B, a professional card, or a certificate issued by the competent authority attesting that he is exempt from it
         + a medical certificate stating that he / she has not had one of the illnesses listed in the annex to the law
         + a certificate of absence of conviction, if he is over 18 years of age

Which address ?.
- The application must be submitted to the Mayor of the municipality of residence.
- Proof that all conditions are met must be attached to the application.

Processing the application?
- The municipal administration checks whether the foreigner meets the conditions mentioned and then checks the actual residence. If the foreigner does not present the required proof or if the residence survey is negative, the municipality decides not to take the request into consideration via the issuance of an appendix 40 and informs the OE.
- If the conditions for the granting of a stay in another capacity are fulfilled and the effective residence control is positive, the municipal administration issues a certificate of filing of the application abroad (Annex 1 to the Circular of 21 June 2007), and transmits the application to the foreigner's Office for decision. The "Office des Etrangers" decides whether to grant or refuse authorization, and transmits the necessary instructions to the municipality to inform the foreigner.
- In the event that the foreigner furnishes the proof required to obtain the stay as a worker and the residence control is positive, the municipality itself grants the authorization.

In conclusion, theoretically it is possible. But since your lover is a student under visa's status with no official income, there is less than 1% of chance that it will be granted to you.

If you are under tourist visa then you are not allowed to work. The Belgian Embassy in the Philippines get more strict because of this. If you are applying for tourist don't let them know that you have a bf here in Belgium because they will not approved your application as they will think you will not go back in the country. Your partner is under student visa so I don't think he can sponsor you either.

Exactly, and overstaying is not at all a good idea for your future paperwork.

Hi sir, I'm from India... Is Belgium market is good to seek jobs? After how many year they would provide PR?

Mustaf97 wrote:

Hi sir, I'm from India... Is Belgium market is good to seek jobs? After how many year they would provide PR?

Good morning and welcome to our forum,

Just take the time to do like everyone else, read them:
- guides that you will find under the "discover" tab
- articles already published via the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Your question has already been answered dozens of times.

Good luck with your research