Regarding family status

Dear All,

Can you please give me an idea of what step should be taken with the below mentioned situation.
Firstly before joining the job in Oman (current employer) i was promised to give family status. But when i came here first they said that you can apply only after 3 months, so i kept quiet and i requested them for a visit visa. They gave me. After 5 months of my employment when i asked for the family status, all of a sudden they spoke about sales, that there is no sales from you this and that. Can anyone please suggest me of whose mistake is first and foremost. Do i have to keep silent without asking a visa since i didn't show up sales or can i fight for my right.

Hi harsha.hv88,

Ideally, there should be no discussion or debate between you and your employer on your benefits and perks. That is, if everything is clearly mentioned in black and white in your employment contract.

If there is no formal employment contract between your employer and you, then an employee has little option but to tow the employer's line.

However, all is not lost. There is, of course, the Ministry of Manpower and the Indian Embassy who will give you a hearing.

Thank you so much for the reply Mr. Sumitran. So the best way is to contact ministry of man power with regards to my issue. Do i have to go straight or should i address the issue online.

Hi harsha.hv88,

You could even call up the Indian Embassy first and seek their professional advice and guidance about your issue. Do as they say, as in case of an incident you would have the best possible backing to stand by you.

This is one of the oldest tactics a local sales trading llc opt for torturing the employees. What Mr. Sumitran has stated is absolutely correct. Providing the family status has nothing to do with sales or your performance. A contract has a legal value and if one doesn't oblige to the contract, the other party may legally approach the manpower/related departments. Unfortunately, due to lack of information and fear of losing job, many employees avoid going legal.

For your case, consider your scenarios and if you feel its unavoidable, you can take a legal action.