Looking for a job in UK

Hey everyone! I'm planning to move to the UK but I'd prefer to secure a job before moving there. I'm currently working as an online marketing coordinator and would prefer to work in the same line elsewhere.

Hi Nufikhazreen and welcome to the Forum. :)

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools Section; in there you'll find links to our Expat Guides which contains many articles you may find useful in planning your journey.

To answer your specific question; due to a restriction on Immigration into the UK, unless you work in a profession deemed as being in shortage, you will struggle to obtain a work visa; this link will take you to the list of these jobs.

Once you've read our Expat Guides; if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

thank you so much!

May I ask on which basis you are moving to the UK?

If you run a business which pays you in your home country, you can visit and stay in the UK without access to medical health or government funds. You would not be allowed to work.

If you want to open a business in the UK, you would need a visa enabling you to do that. Only if you are genuinely interested in running a business and can prove your intentions will you be given a visa. It would not be possible to run a business and work at the same time.

Regards,
Ivan

Neither. I do not have a company there nor starting a new company. I'm just seeking for a job opportunity but based on the shortage list, I feel like it's quite impossible for me to land a job in the UK. But thanks for the insights.

Your location, according to this site, shows that you are in London. Are you from a visa-exempt country, visiting the UK as a tourist?

420weblazeit wrote:

Your location, according to this site, shows that you are in London. Are you from a visa-exempt country, visiting the UK as a tourist?

The location is derived from the "I would like to live there" entry in the member's profile.

Oh no, I'm still in Malaysia at the moment.

Best way to find a job in London is not sending CV's, but walking in to the places with your CV in your hands

Will it work if I do that as a tourist in London?

If you come to Leeds city i can easily help you get a job, but for london u need to know people there who can help u.

But I'm currently residing in Malaysia. Is that possible>

nufikhazreen wrote:

But I'm currently residing in Malaysia. Is that possible>

You, first of all, need a working visa.  You cannot work legally in the UK without this.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks!

Hello friends,

I believe the rules applicable are identical whether one is in Leeds or in London.

Most employers in Yorkshire are not aware of visa processing formalities since it is taken for granted that an applicant is eligible to work here.

I am afraid one needs to qualify for professions and qualifications shortage list before attempting a job search.

Coming to the UK on a visit or tourist visa in my humble opinion will not be fruitful. :)

I suggest you do not get heartened,  you could look outside the box, for example enrolling at university for higher studies or moving to UAE to enhance your carrier.

Alternatively you may consider moving to Canada and Australia. These are two countries to my knowledge that offer immigration to qualified skills and the details are available on the net.    :one