Visa non renewal

hi sir,

as per oman law can company keep the visa expired employee even after 1month grace period.
then how much will be penalty per day  & Who will pay?

need you valuable advice, Please.

sam kannan wrote:

hi sir,

as per oman law can company keep the visa expired employee even after 1month grace period.
then how much will be penalty per day  & Who will pay?

need you valuable advice, Please.

If you're employed by a company and your visa is expired, it is the sole responsibility of the company to renew your visa (If they're willing to extend). If they don't do it and still allowing you to continue, they are liable to pay the fines (Whatever they are as per the immigration - I guess it is OMR 5 per day and after 10 days, it gradually increases). You need to inform the company's PRO to take an immediate action and get your visa renewed.

However, in case of your termination / laying off from the job, that is also your employer's responsibility to cancel the visa and arrange your return.

Thank you sir,

In my case employer neither renew my visa nor paying salary & Full final settlement (i already resign my job)
Company harassing me without giving my settlements for 2 months.
now my visa also expired i am not willing to renew, but company forcing me to renew.
Blackmailing that i will not paid after resignation & need not work for company.
please advise..

Hi sam kannan,

(1) Lodge a formal complaint against your employer in the Ministry of Manpower website,

(2) Go and complain in the Indian Embassy in Muscat.

The Indian Embassy would then step in and will coordinate with your employer on your behalf for you to exit the country without much damage.