3b Student Visa (2 Questions)

Hello, My name is Michael, I come from Toronto Canada and I am currently studying in Nice on exchange. I have 2 questions about the 3b visa and they are a bit specific to my situation so I am having difficulty finding answers on the Consulate website.

1) My 3b student visa expires on December 28th but my flight home is on December 29th. (I booked my flight before I got my visa) Will this be a big issue? Would I have to stay overnight in the Airport? or Should I pay to have my flight moved to the 28th?

2) My second question revolves around the the whole 90/180 day rule. My visa is for 4 months Aug 28th to Dec 28th. My friends want to plan a Trip to travel Europe in January. If I leave France and return to Canada (where I got my visa) will I be able to enter the European Union again as a tourist? It would be after my long stay visa expires. Or should I apply to extend my visa even though I would not be studying anymore?

Any guidance would be appreciated

Hello Michael,
My best advice is to go to your préfecture and ask these questions. It's possible that they will extend your visa to cover both of your questions/issues.
Bonne chance,
Julie