Work permit approval duration

Hi there,

I have a quick question - I'm currently in the midst of applying for a work visa in Paris. It's basically a transfer from the office I'm in now (Singapore) to it's HQ in Paris. I just wanted to find out if there's anyone out there who is or has gone through a similar process to shed some light.

the process is having it approved by DIRECCTE  >> Appointment with French consul in Singapore for authorisation to work in France

It is said that the approval process should last 1-2 months - it's been exactly 2 months but my team has not received any news from DIRECCTE. Can I find out if this is normal? I've no idea how long this process will take. Hope some people can share their experiences if so. Looking forward to hear!

Cheers,
A.N

Hi Anna,

I am in the same boat. Have you receive any latest news from DIRECCTE?

Randy

Hey Randy,

nope nothing yet. how long have you been waiting for it?

Anna

Hi Anna,

For me, it has been almost two months. Did your team contact DIRECCTE for an update?

It should be any news within two months.

Randy

Hey Randy,

yes that was what i was told, 2 months. However this being said it's been almost 4 months with no news yet, My team did contact DIRECCTE and they just said that they have received the application but it's still being processed. Have heard the same for a couple of other people where it can take up to 4 months. Have you received an update since?

Cheers,
Anna

Hi! Have you had any updates on your visa? I'm currently on month 2 of being Visaless. HR at my job in Paris barely did anything to find out what was going on with my Visa at la Direccte and then went on vacation. I'm supposed to start in 4 days (lol) but I don't even have a ticket and no one is answering my emails!

Hi All,
Any news on your pending Visa status from Direccte ? I filed this July2019, so been 2 months.
Kindly update your status.

Hi anna,

What happened to your visa? kindly reply , would be helpful for me.

Thanks

hi, did u hear back about ur france visa status??

hi, yes i've already received my visa this month!

Hi Anna

Thankfully i found your blog,

I am ellen from Indonesia, currently i am in the midst of waiting to get the working permit from the Direccte

May i know how long you get the working permit from the Direccte? Did the employer send you any documents to fill up? Because my employer just ask me to send them my CV, copie de mes diplomes, certificate du travail en francais et passeport

Looking forward for your reply

Have a nice day!

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your message! For me my HR handled most of the administrative work thus they just required me to bring my qualifications and CV and they did the rest.

Honestly my work permit took almost a year. I might've been unlucky on this, it could take just 3 months for some. All the best!

Anna