Filipina Getting married. How to get permanent visa?

Hello ,
I am darling i just new here in france im getting married in october i am confused becoz i dont know what and where i go after the wedding my husband to be is not permanently living here....

what i want to know do i need to go back to my country to get a longstay visa or i can get it here after the wedding....?

Help me to find a way or an answer.....highly appriaceted your help..

Darling

Hello and welcome on board Expat.com Darling :cheers:

While waiting for somebody to share some info, I invite you to browse through threads in the following section of the forum to read some experiences shared about marriage in France for foreigners.

> Formalities and procedures in France

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Thank very much.....

Hello, normally after the wedding you need to exit France before your current visa expired and apply for a longstay visa, then re-enter France.  :)

Hello Darling I'm a Filipino living in France 2 years next month. I been meet many Filipino married French. I think you need to go back in Philippines and get long stay visa there. When you go back to France , you need to go OFII near your place and they ask you papers before you get permanent visa. I hope it will helps

hello po.. can i ask something about going to france.. is it possible that i can get a long stay visa even if i havent been there ever.. my french guy wants me to be with him there and live with him, get to know each other first ,discover everything and maybe decide to get married after..

Hi.
You can apply for a tourist visa (usually 90 days max) ,not a long stay visa.

hi, i hope somebody could help me to my queries. i am jm  been in a relation to my french bf six years now,  we are planning to get married soon in france coz we think that it is easier for us to do it there rather than doing it in the philippines coz of his hectic schedule, first what kind of visa will i apply from phil, what are the requirements and how many percent chance that they will grant my visa,. i hope you enlighten me about all these matters, merci beaucop

Did you already receive previous Schengen Visa (short stay) to go in Europe?
Did you ever get denial?
Do you have a job / ownership in UAE or elsewhere?
Which passport(s) do you have? Philippines only?

Based on your reply, we'll be able to give you correct advices.

U can get even tourist but apply for 3 months then bring all ur documments para mkassl k dito singleness birtcerificatered ribbon pareho...

i dont have previous schengen visa, yes i got denied before, i am working in the  uae at the moment. and yes i only got Philippine passport

is that all po ba about the requirements, does my fiancee need any documents from the municipality where he reside as my supporting document when i apply for my visa?

What's your goal? Living together or getting married? (it's really different...)

I'm gonna simplify, but in 99.99999999% of the case, it nearly only depends on the money you can show when you do your visa (short or long stay). YOU on your bank account + stable job (if short stay visa).

If your goal is to get married, Visa C for wedding purpose are really often denied... even with good looking file...
You might consider other countries (Philippines/Thailand/UAE/...) where you don't have trouble to get a visa (we don't care about your bf, he's french, he can go nearly everywhere in the world without any trouble) and where administration might be easier (Thailand is pretty known for that).

Can you proof that you've already lived one year together? (in any country: rent/electricity-water bill/...)
If it's the case, you might think about the "pacs", your bf would know a bit about it.
It's not really an asset in case of visa itself, but you'd have a legal status with your bf ==> legal sponsor + way easier go get your visa.

Did you ever used your passport to travel abroad? (any country except UAE/Philippines?)
Did you ever get any visa from OECD country before? (rich country: USA/South Korea/Japan/Canada/...)

I also invite you to read this previous thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=843855

If you want to get married in France then you have to apply for a schengen visa (short stay) .
For you : You need to get a CErtificate of no marriage and your birth certificate at the PSA and it needs to be authenticated by the DFA. Once you have those documents ; you can send it to your Bf in France . Your Bf must need to go to the Marie where he live to ask for the requirements . In my case , the Tribunal did an investigation for my Fiancé ( whom my husband now) and I . I also had interview via Skype from the City Mayor. Once everything is okay ; the Marie will post the marriage ban for 10 days ( as I remember) .  And by the way, your BF must need to go to the Philippine embassy in Paris for Translation if your documents and the Philippine Embassy will post the marriage ban as well . While waiting for the marriage Ban to be finished ; you can start to apply for schengen visa ( short stay) .

I suggest you better ask for 2 weeks to stay as there will be a high chance of possibility to get denied if you ask for one month. 

We were not lucky to get married in France bcos my visa got denied as I forgot to submit the document from the tribunal so we ended up getting married in the Philippines. I know it's  gotta be a long process but you will get there.
Good luck !

True and false.
True she can apply to any visa she want, the laws allow it, but don't give her high hopes...

It's not a question of 2 weeks of stay or 1 month or more.
It's only a question of how much money she can show...
ESPECIALLY for a marriage visa, there's nearly no way to proof she'll goes back home before the visa expire, unless she has a house / valuables / exceptional job that get her as much money as she'd get in France/EU / ...
It's also true that it also depends (helps) on how much her boyfriend get.

Without enough money, there's no point to apply, it will be a denial 99.999999% for sure!

For a Schengen Visa, she must have AT LEAST: 120€ per day if she stays in hotel, and 65€ per day if she's invited in her boyfriend's home.
But, as it would be a marriage visa, they'll want to make sure she has a LOT of money to proof she'll goes back home after the wedding or that she has enough money to let her stay... (every countries always love money or millionaires... There's never ever any problem to grant them visas!)

Immigration knowns pretty well that the foreign wife of a French/European citizen will stay "illegally" for 6 months to get the resident papers to be able to live together (specific law in France).................... unless they're already trusted with previous Schengen/OECD visas...
And they prefer people with money!

It's the same stuff everywhere in any Schengen states...
AND she was always denial before!!!

Without money, better get married abroad to have a legal status and then apply to a family reunion visa......... + better show any other OECD visa to proof she can be trusted, that's a real asset in her future file!