Menu
Expat.com

Yrjontytar construction company

Last activity 01 March 2011 by Monstarcookie

thisismaruf

Hi there
Does anybody have idea about the finnish company named "Yrjontytar Construction"? Please let me know about the company i.e., how good the company is and it's management...

Regards,

Monstarcookie

I would be careful with that "company".

I went to check their webpages to see what kinda information there is about it. At first glance there was something wrong. This company is supposed to be finnish, building things in Finland, yet they only have web pages in english. Finns want their web pages to be in finnish because there are some finns who don't speak english well.

The second issue with the company is that it's supposed to be an old company, founded years ago. So I checked their business ID in the finnish business registry where every registered company can be found(I know because I'm a registered businessowner, the registration goes automatically) http://www.ytj.fi/english/yrityshaku.as … elikoodi=3 There was no company with that Bis-ID. I then used the name of the company, Yrjöntytär. There was no registered company like that.

I also checked their VAT number at http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do where every registered company is part of too. There was no company with that VAT number.

I also checked the address of the company, Lehtisaarentie 7 in Helsinki. It's a home address, in a home district full of terrace houses. For such an established company, having no real office is again very strange.

It could be a real company, but to me it sounds fishy.

Monstarcookie

Sorry for double post but I think it needs to be said.

I read up and found a forum with discussion about this company, someone being asked to pay the company for some worker id chip.

So let me say this, you NEVER EVER EVER have to pay the employer to get a job here. Never. All paperwork needed to work here is done by you and it's paid (if payment is needed) in offcial state offices, such as the police or the embassy, NEVER to the company itself.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Finland

• Finding work in Finland
    Finding work in Finland

Working in Finland will be good for you: the country boasts good working conditions and a high level of employment ...

• Become a digital nomad in Finland
    Become a digital nomad in Finland

Vast regions of unspoilt nature, over 188,000 lakes, hip vibrant cities, and charming little towns — Finland ...

• Working in Helsinki
    Working in Helsinki

The statistics don't lie. By looking at them, one can presume that in Finland, and in Helsinki, there will be ...

• The labour market in Helsinki
    The labour market in Helsinki

The labour market in Helsinki can be described as unbalanced, a bit schizophrenic even. Simultaneously, there is ...

• The work culture in Helsinki
    The work culture in Helsinki

If there is one thing you should know about the work environment in Helsinki (or indeed Finland), it must be this: ...

• Popular neighbourhoods in Helsinki
    Popular neighbourhoods in Helsinki

In Finland, urbanisation is accelerating, and people are flooding to the south and particularly Helsinki ...

• Childcare and early education in Finland
    Childcare and early education in Finland

Finland is a good place to raise kids. With so much of its GPD going towards daycare and education, you know ...

• Travelling to Finland
    Travelling to Finland

A member of the EU since 1995 but also one of the Schengen group of countries, Finland makes travelling a breeze ...

All of Finland's guide articles