Family Joining Visa Issues

I am Mohit Soni from India. I am working in Muscat. I wanted to bring my family on Family Joining Visa. For that I got my wife's GAMCA medical test done in New Delhi. Now GAMCA medical center has given an Unfit Medical Report as she is having low HB (Haemoglobin). As per GAMCA, HB should be 10.2 and above. But her HB is 9. She is having low HB since her childhood. We discussed with doctor also and told him the same. But they are not agreeing to give a Fit Report.

1. I need to know about how to forward about it. I also want to know that what is time gap after which he can go again for test.

2. Is there any GAMCA medical test required for a family visit visa which is valid for 3 months??

Dear Mr.Mohith..
As you getting disturbence from gamca is not a a isue while medical fitness certificate is not neseccery for visit visa...

Shammeem rahiman wrote:

Dear Mr.Mohith..
As you getting disturbence from gamca is not a a isue while medical fitness certificate is not neseccery for visit visa...

Thanks Shammeem for the reply.

Hi smohit,

If your wife's medical test results have declared her as 'Unfit', then her family joining visa will get rejected.

So do not submit that test results as yet. Bring her over on a family visit visa, which does not require a medical test to be done. She can stay for 3 months and with an extension of another 1 month more. So she can be here for 4 months at a stretch.

During the end of her stay in Oman, let her do another GAMCA medical test here and hopefully, she should be able to clear it successfully. Between GAMCA medical tests there has to be a 3-month gap as well, So plan it accordingly.

Hi my salary for 1st 6 months of probation is 575 omr with furnished family accommodation. The rent of 250 is paid by co. After probation period my salary will be 1095 with continued family accommodation and company car. Will I be eligible for bringing my family immediately after 6 months. I am aware of the 600 omr rule. Wat to do. Pls advice

Hi shobypjacob,

You seem to know the rule. So why ask ?

The only option would be for you to wait it out until you meet the specified criteria as stated by the law, for applying for the family joining visa.

There are also some other ways by which things can be 'arranged'. So see if your company PRO can help you out with those. If at all anyone, it has to be only through your company PRO, who could do it for you. So have a word with him and see what it brings.

Hi sumitran, would it be possible to attach the rental agreement of my allotted flat and also a letter from Co stating that the family accommodation and it's rent is paid by co. In that case I can indicate the total amount for last 6 months as 575 + 250 is 825. Also I can attach the contract letter which indicates that after probation of 6 months I have 1095 as salary...Will it work?

Thanks a lot for the valuable information, Mr. Sumitran. Its a helpful piece of information.

shobypjacob wrote:

Hi sumitran, would it be possible to attach the rental agreement of my allotted flat and also a letter from Co stating that the family accommodation and it's rent is paid by co. In that case I can indicate the total amount for last 6 months as 575 + 250 is 825. Also I can attach the contract letter which indicates that after probation of 6 months I have 1095 as salary...Will it work?

Hi shobypjacob,

Since family joining visa has to be initiated, processed, and arranged for by your employer, speak first with your company PRO / Sponsor as to what is needed to be done - by them, and not by you - in helping you with the providing of your family joining visas.

Please note that you, by yourself, cannot do anything at all in matters such as these. Every single detail has to be done through the company PRO / Omani only. So speak with your company authorities first and ask them to sort it out for you.