Visit visa with out Noc after the completion of 2 year contract

If my 2 year contract is finished , is it possible to  come in visit visa with out Noc?

I think you would still need an NOC to come back on a visit visa unless you are a resident in any other GCC state.

Kiran v Dhar wrote:

If my 2 year contract is finished , is it possible to  come in visit visa with out Noc?

Hi Kiran v Dhar,

As mentioned multiple times in the forum before, you cannot return before the completion of 2-years from the date of your departure - if you do not have an NOC from your last employer.

Dear All
       My visa of two years is expiring on 27th April 2017 and i have mailed this information to my immediate  bosses as i am in a client related company so my bosses
have told me remain in position until further instruction . Kindly tell me that after expiry how many days i can be here in OMAN as they are waiting for client approval to again renew my visa

Hi Shailendra Dubey,

Answering to your post, theoretically, a person whose employment visa has expired can remain in Oman as long as they wish. And as long as they do not get 'caught'.

But by law, upon the official expiry of the employment visa, a one month grace period is granted to renew the lapsed employment visa.

Failure to renew the employment visa by the end of this grace period would automatically render the person an 'overstayer', which is of course considered to be against the manpower and labour laws of the Sultanate of Oman and so is illegal. Such persons are technically considered as 'absconders'.

And, there is a daily fine for every single day of overstaying, which would have to be settled while the defaulter exits the country. Failure to pay the fines while exiting can send the illegal overstayer to jail, followed by forced deportation.

There are numerous instances where an expatriate absconds for an inordinate amount of time - sometimes running up to many years.

For such serious offenders, from time to time, the government would announce an 'amnesty' period during which time they can approach their local embassies, present themselves with the reasons for their 'overstaying', 'absconding', and get the required 'embassy's approvals' and 'clearance' papers formally certified. This would entail the defaulters to exit the country with a total waiver of the hefty fines.

Kindly guide me that now after 27th April grace period remains 30 days and my company is enforcing me to stay then any problen in Grace period

Shailendra Dubey wrote:

Kindly guide me that now after 27th April grace period remains 30 days and my company is enforcing me to stay then any problen in Grace period

Until 30 days after the expiry of the employment visa, there is no problem.

But from the 31st day onwards, a daily fine would be levied.