Medical required for oman visa

HI

I am working as an IT manager in UAE ( Abu Dhabi), i got an offer from Oman, they  send me visa copy,
I am having below question can any help as it is urgent

1   Can i entered in Oman without cancel my UAE visa
2   Can i directly entered from UAE to oman without cancel my UAE visa or I have to go india and from there have to Travel
3 Do i need medical Test requred ? is yes it can be done in UAE somewhere or i have to go to india

Please answer me as this is critical

Hi Kaiyum_2018,

What visa have you been issued would help answer most of your queries.

Since you are asking about the medical tests, I am assuming that you do not have an employment visa as yet.

hi
thanks for your feedback
i got employment visa , which is for you 2 years and i have to entered in oman befoe 29 july 2018

Hi Kaiyum_2018,

I am not sure how your employer has managed to get your employment visa without your submitting your GAMCA test reports frist !

Here are some comments for your earlier queries :

(1) Ideally, you should cancel your UAE employment visa prior to your departure. Else, it may create problems for you later on.

(2) You can come directly from UAE to Oman. No need to arrive from your home country. Regarding visa cancellation, see above.

(3) GAMCA can be done anywhere in the GCC / India/ elsewhere where it is available.

Thank you so much sumitran

i think of my new employer ask me to send me visa copy of uae visa also , and i got news on internet that medical is not mandtory ( it is optional) for those who is having GCC visa on passport

anyways thank you for your answer which help me lot

also regarding visa cancel as i am going on long leave from uae i will join in oman and i will come from oman to uae for cancel visa after join as many employees said that can be possible

also can you give me your number so i can contact to you and discuss further if i am having any queston

Hi @Sumitran, the discussion caught my attention since I also received my employment visa without being asked for a new medical examination.

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia but I did submit my last annual medical examination results (done via my company here) which was done early 2016.

Maybe there's truth to the point raised that medical examination is non-compulsory for GCC expats? Sounds too good to be true but it's happening. Or maybe there's a better explanation?

Hi Kaiyum_2018 and modjo,

Upon checking, I am told that since an expatriate is already employed in the GCC, it is safe to assume that the said candidate has successfully cleared the GAMCA medical tests prior.

And, that, I think makes eminent sense.

So it is not essential for the same candidate to go through the same GAMCA test yet again - though the chances of contracting a communicable disease is however present, albeit, remote !

Thanks @Sumitran for checking and clearing that out. But I think the consideration does not extend further to the blood tests upon arrival in Oman? Will the blood tests still be required as part of the labor card application, regardless if the applicant came in directly from employment in GCC?

hi
can you tell me if i am not cancel my uae visa, ( the reason behind not cancel is i am having EOS benefit with company and this time situation is not good for comapy so if i cancel visa i have to go out from here and need to wait for money in other country) can i come and start work and than can i back to uae for cancel the visa ?

thank you in advance

Hi Sumitran,

Your information had helped me a lot when I was first moving to Oman last year on dependent visa.

I don't know how helpful this piece of information would be....but I just thought I'd share it. Last year when I moved from Australia to Oman, I didn't have to undergo any medical test. Since then I am in Oman only. Recently I got job offer and was asked to undergo a medical test which included blood test and chest x ray. After submitting my medical reports only my employer was able to get visa issued for me.

So I think it's not about GCC resident. Medical needs to be done for all work visas.

Regards

modjo wrote:

Thanks @Sumitran for checking and clearing that out. But I think the consideration does not extend further to the blood tests upon arrival in Oman? Will the blood tests still be required as part of the labor card application, regardless if the applicant came in directly from employment in GCC?

Hi modjo,

Taking the blood tests prior to getting the Resident Card issued is mandatory.

Without the Government Infectious Diseases Clinic's seal, and the duty doctor's signature, the resident card application cannot be processed further.

Fully agree...for my new resident card, I have to undergo another medical test as per my PRO.
The previous one was for visa issue

Loud and clear @Sumitran, thanks for the kind info. God bless you.

Hello Ozzie A.

I been in Oman few times as a Visitor. A week ago my employer lodged an application for MoM clearance and yesterday the Employment Visa was issued to my Employer. I haven't asked to do any medicals. I am a Canadian National and when I read some forums for Canadian expats in Oman, I figured out some nationals are exempted from prior medical tests. However, I understand you need to do a medical test for the Residence card.

I am just wondering what's the good pvt medical insurance for Oman that has  medical, prescription drugs, optometry and good dental coverage

Hi Sami30Canada,
The medical required for Resident Card is organised by the employer after joining.
Also employer provides medical insurance. Usually it doesn't cover optometry and dental.
I hope this answers your question
Rgds

Thanks Ozzie A. I am still figuring out if I should get a proper long term health insurance that covers within Oman or  within the Region of GCC, or just add a few months of travel coverage with any Canadian Travel insurance plans. As I will be travelling within GCC and back & forth to Canada as part of my work.

I am a little confused about the medical insurance for Oman. When I read some forums, I found out the medical insurance for expats is not obligatory yet.

If you suggest me some cost effective yet comprehensive benefit coverage, please let me know the insurance company names.

If dental and optometry are not covered in most insurance there, I should get things done here before leaving to Oman :)

Thanks again!!
Sami

Hello,

i got an offer from Oman. Currently i worked in UAE in Residency visa. Oman employer advise me to take medical test in UAE. Can i take medical test from sharjah. please advise the hospitals

Hi sree278246,

If you are already on employment visa within the GCC, then it means that you would have done your GAMCA medicals and has been certified as 'fit'.

Usually, such expatriates are not required to do another GAMCA test. But if your employer in Oman is asking for one, then you can do it at any GAMCA approved medical centre anywhere.

Yeah.. Its true.  I am also faced the same situation..  I cancel my UAE VISA and i got 2years employement then i travel here by bus crossing dubai oman border...  Then my medical done here but still resident card not yet done

dear

please let me know where this gamca medical test available in abudhabi

Hello fazalfaras,

Kindly ask your question on the appropriate forum which is the United Arab Emirates forum

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Sumitran

Can i know GAMCA approved centre in UAE. Anyone who is on visit visa to UAE and got job offer from Oman. Where from he can do medical for Oman Visa in UAE
Dear friend,

I wish to bring my wife and son (14 years old) to Oman in family joining visa. My wife has done her GAMCA Test and the report will come soon.
Is it necessary for my son (14 years) to undergo GAMCA Test?

I have lung nodule can I apply for employment visa