Can I travel with expired PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO?

I am Filipina with legal italian documents however, I want to travel to Denmark for some important family gathering,but the problem is I have an expired permesso di soggiorno. I renewed it last month but could not have the renewed permesso untill my travel(was expecting it to have ASAP but the process was taking so long) Will I be allowed with my travel? Will there be a problem if I will only have the receipt from POSTA? What shall I do? Thank you very much for your answers

There are literally dozens of topics already posted that answer this question.  Please take a moment and search the forum for the answer.

I've tried reading from previous post but I can't seem to find definite answer. It seems you have an idea? Can you please share it with me? Big thanks

Babychiq wrote:

I've tried reading from previous post but I can't seem to find definite answer. It seems you have an idea? Can you please share it with me? Big thanks

A quick search yields the answer

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 507#798153

Thank you for your reply by sending me this link. Although the message was sent 2012, I am not sure anymore about it's applicability but I better go to questura regarding this. Thank you so much

I don't think you can because the Danish wouldn't know about the validity of your receipt for your new permesso. Or see if you can get it fast tracked in time at the questura, if not you could try the Danish embassy in Rome, if they might issue you with a temporary travel permit. Good Luck

Can I travel with expired permesso Di soggiorno

Edward kwame Fiagbe wrote:

Have you bothered to read the comments on this topic?

Edward kwame Fiagbe wrote:

Yes you can but it will be one way, out of the country and not being allowed back in again. So the end answer is a resounding NO